EAPSI 2016

Samieru

2 hours ago, fishfriendsnotfood said:

Hi All- I am also waiting on Japan and just emailed Elena Hillenburg to find out when the orientation weekend will be and she said March 28-29. She also said that tentative acceptances would be sent out by early March, so we probably have a lot more waiting in store. 

Thanks for the update.  I applied for China in Biology and it's been under review since early January...I knew last year China notifications were late Feb, but I was still trying to not freak out from not hearing anything.:unsure:

1 minute ago, bhub said:

I just got an email and my heart nearly dropped Lol I thought it was going to be a rejection but it was just notification that we'll hear back soon.

Same here! 

Dear EAPSI 2016 Applicants,

This is to provide an update on the status of the review and decision process for your proposals. NSF has completed much but not all of the proposal review process and as of today no notifications, positive or negative, have been sent. We expect to begin extending tentative notifications later this week. The notifications will then continue over the next several weeks. Unlike past years, notifications will not necessarily be sent as one full location cohort at one time. This means that some applicants to a location may receive tentative offer letters this week, while others targeting the same location may not receive offer notices until next week or the week after: Delay in notification does not necessarily mean acceptance or decline: it means nothing more than that we are not prepared to notify you of a recommendation yet.

We know you are anxious for clarity about your EAPSI application to enable you to move forward with plans for the summer. We are working to get notice to you as soon as  possible. Our expectation is that everyone will be notified by the first week of March. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Anne Emig and Elena Hillenburg

NSF EAPSI Team

Congrats to everybody who has already received their offers, I'm still waiting on China. Is anyone able to tell me if they send out an email first or if they change your 'pending' stats on Fastlane to something else? I'm really struggling with this waiting game. I've also heard of NSF emails going to your spam folder, has anyone else had this experience?

@GBinAZ

For me, my status on Fastlane still says 'pending' so the only way that I was notified was via the e-mail from Elena.

The e-mail went to my regular inbox, and was also listed as important due to the wording inside the e-mail. 

Good luck!

Please beware - in my Outlook, the tentative acceptance went to "clutter" and I couldn't even find it from searching "EAPSI" in the search bar, without looking directly in clutter.

Also, they only give you about 48 hours deadline to accept the tentative offer. So check your e-mails profusely!