Got questions about the application process?

hillary511

Hey grad school hopefuls!

I used grad cafe last year when I was applying, and I figured I'd start this thread now that the first deadlines are about a month away. Now that I'm a first year in my PhD program, I thought it might be helpful if I answered some questions people might have (from my very limited experiences of just myself). I'm sure it would be helpful if other people who are currently in grad school could answer too!

So basically, you can throw some questions at me and I'll do my best to answer. I do have, you know, school and work, but I'll do my best.

*waves* Hi, Hillary!! I can attest that Hillary is, indeed, very helpful!! She encouraged me to apply to CU - Boulder and answered all of my questions!

While I am also applying for PhD programs, I am currently finishing my terminal MA program.  So, if there are any questions I can answer, I'm also happy to!

Hillary, I have a question about the 10-page writing sample page limit for Boulder. Since it's a Boulder-specific question, should I PM you instead? 

3 hours ago, gingin6789 said:

*waves* Hi, Hillary!! I can attest that Hillary is, indeed, very helpful!! She encouraged me to apply to CU - Boulder and answered all of my questions!

While I am also applying for PhD programs, I am currently finishing my terminal MA program.  So, if there are any questions I can answer, I'm also happy to!

Hillary, I have a question about the 10-page writing sample page limit for Boulder. Since it's a Boulder-specific question, should I PM you instead? 

You can. I don't super remember the deal with the shorter writing sample, but I can ask someone if need be.

3 hours ago, iemons said:

Could I e-mail you the questions, instead, to your private e-mail server?

Sure! I don't know how that works, but private messages are fine.