Prereq Questions

onlytea

What type of program are you applying to? For something like physics, obviously calc would be required, and stats is quite good to know no matter what program you're in. Is there a way to demonstrate your knowledge of stats in your SoP or elsewhere even if you haven't taken a formal class in it?

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on the program and how competitive your application is overall.  Some programs I have looked at allow for students to take the pre-recs prior to matriculation, like say the summer before, and others allow admitted students to take them concurrently with either placing the student on "probation" until required pre-recs are met or simply allowing them complete the courses anytime during the program, but within reason (I mean, you would not take Calc I as your very last course, obviously).  

As always, contacting program directors and/or department chairs is good advice.  

Edited by Crucial BBQ
spacing