Still waiting Columbia

Xnny

I am still waiting for Columbia spring 16-month MSW, they told me  I might hear back from them by the end of next week. I am so nervous, feel like I may get rejected. So if I am rejected, is it possible to let them reconsider me for the fall admission?

I wouldn't be tremendously worried.  The more expensive schools have some of the highest rates of acceptance, because they have such a low yield (i.e. half the people who get in have sticker shock and realize it will put them into debt forever, so they end up going somewhere more affordable).  I think Columbia has a 60-70% acceptance rate, but has a pretty low yield.

http://mswprograms.com/msw-acceptance-rates/

https://sweduc.wordpress.com/2009/09/13/msw-and-phd-admission-rates/

57 minutes ago, tulipsanddaisies said:

I am waiting to hear back too. I called the office and they said it could be any time this week. Good luck!

Hopefully! I only applied Columbia, so this is my only chance:( did you apply other schools?

12 minutes ago, tulipsanddaisies said:

I applied to University of Maryland School of Social Work last year and got in but deferred because I wasn't sure it was where I wanted to go. Have you heard anything yet?

No not yet:( I have been waited for more than a month. That's so stressful! 

I am being very impatient! Never heard back from them. When I called the office, they refused to tell me and just transferred my phone call. :( I don't understand why the process is so slow. I would rather they reject me than let me wait forever!

• 1 month later...