156V/157Q okay for humanities masters?

Arm457

Hi everyone, I took the GRE two weeks ago and scored a 156V and 157Q and 5.0 AW. It's about a 15 point increase in 6 months. I took a two week break to recharge my energy and now I'm going to take another 3-4 weeks to study really hard one last time and give it the old college try....

I was wondering, in the event that I don't improve (tbh I spent 8 minutes on one question in math like an idiot, should have scored 160+), how do my GRE scores weigh-in for a masters in Middle Eastern Studies/Comp Lit/Political Science? My apps are due early January all the way to April. Will my current scores get my application dumped by the computer? Thanks everyone!

I've researched this a lot actually, and it really just depends on where you're trying to get in.  From what I've read, your current scores are pretty average, so if the rest of your application material is pretty strong I think you should be fine.