Document- "Research Interests"

I have mentioned most of my research interests in my Statement of Purpose. Should I repeat the same points again in research Interests? Am i supposed to come up with a research proposal in this particular document?

Please advice as to what to do. Deadline's on 1st November.

If you want our help, you need to give us more information. What do the prompts for each of these documents say? I assume this is a situation where one school has requested both a SOP and a "research interests" document; but if that's not the case, explain the situation. 

7 hours ago, fuzzylogician said:

If you want our help, you need to give us more information. What do the prompts for each of these documents say? I assume this is a situation where one school has requested both a SOP and a "research interests" document; but if that's not the case, explain the situation. 

1. All supporting documentation for application to the Program in Neuroscience should be uploaded during the online application process, including Research Interests, Test Scores, Transcripts, Statement of Goals and Purpose, Resume, GPA Calculation Worksheet and contacts for recommendation letters.

This is what has been mentioned and prompt has been provided only for the statement of purpose.

However while filling up the application form, in supporting documents, there is no mention for the requirement of "Research Interests". Is it optional then? 

Supporting Documents
  • Letter of Recommendation (3 Required)
    • o We require 3 letters of recommendation that can speak to your academic and professional preparation for admission to our graduate program.
  • Resume-Curriculum Vitae (1 Required)
    • o Please provide a current Curriculum Vitae, including current contact information and information outlining any current or previous, employment, research experience or training you may have received. You should also include any publications, honors or awards that may be relevant to your academic career.
  • Statement of Purpose (1 Required)
    • o Please give us a brief description of your future goals and aspirations in the area of neuroscience and our training program in particular. Your statement should include 3 faculty members with whom you would like to work
  • Unofficial Score Report (1 Required)
    • o A copy of your GRE Score Report from the testing agency must be uploaded and your TOEFL Score Report if you are an international student is required
  • Unofficial Transcript (1 Required)
    • o You must upload or email a copy of transcripts from all institutions attended. You may provide unofficial copies of these grades, but must also have official copies sent directly from the institutions you attended, to the university's admissions office.

st.

Can you tell me what to do?

Edited by Nemog

You should email this department and ask. Is there any space to upload additional documents beside the ones you've listed here? Without further information and based on the list documents you can upload, I would make sure your SOP clearly specifies your research interests and the professors who best match your interests.