SOP error- will it affect my chances?

Hi everyone, I just submitted an application and upon opening the word document that contained my SOP, I noticed a glaring mistake. I'm not 100% sure this was in what I submitted, but it's quite likely. Having proof read it many times though i'm not sure it could have escaped my attention. Anyway, the first sentence of the first paragraph was supposed to read 'Ever since......' but appeared to have got changed to 'rtEver since.....' I have absolutely no idea when or how this happened, but assuming I did submit like this, would it be likely to affect my chances? Would the admissions committee not take my entire SOP seriously after seeing that right at the start? 

Thanks, stressing out big time because this was my priority school :(

I don't think this will send your application to the automatic rejection pile. It's obviously a silly typo that was probably introduced at the last minute before you submitted. If I were reading that, I would just ignore it and move on. If you're really concerned, you could email the department, say you noticed a typo, and ask if they would be willing to replace that file with a newer (attached) one (that had better have *no* typos in it!). They may say no, but you have nothing to lose. 

I have my own mistake that I caught just last night in my SOP; I foolishly fell victim to the effected/affected mix-up. This is me being paranoid, but how will this affect my chances? I'm pretty embarrassed by such a silly mistake, especially considering I know the difference between the two, and didn't catch this before.