2016 Neuroscience Ph.D. Applicant Thread People Thing

StrongTackleBacarySagna

Since the bio thread should be focused on molecular, pathological, etc. I started this thread for neuroscience people to talk about results. So far it looks like only a couple people have posted on the survey so not many invites have been sent out, as you'd expect. Did anyone else apply already? Are there more deadlines in the future for anywhere?

Does anyone know roughly how admissions boards perceive Canadian schools like U of Toronto or McGill?

McGill has a really strong neuro undergrad program but I'm unsure where it might stand internationally

7 minutes ago, jzhan118 said:

Any one knows when Northwestern Neuro program sends out invitations? 

I don't know for sure, but according to previous year's trends it's around mid-December!

1 hour ago, Micecroscopy said:

A fair number of neuro people have been posting in the other thread, so I'm not sure this one's necessary.

I did, however, apply to neuro programs.

Agreed.

I applied to Neuro and CMB/Umbrella programs.
Though, I'm happy for this to be the neurotic thread where people keep asking if people received interview e-mails or not, or heard back about stuff, in order to keep the other thread cleaner ;) 

2 hours ago, Micecroscopy said:

A fair number of neuro people have been posting in the other thread, so I'm not sure this one's necessary.

I did, however, apply to neuro programs.

There are dozens of us. DOZENS! My people will be oppressed and marginalized no more.

Also this forum has had neuro threads in the past. It keeps everything less cluttered and easier to search.