2016 Neuroscience Ph.D. Applicant Thread People Thing

StrongTackleBacarySagna

Just emailed BU GPN to check on my application status since I hadn't heard from them yet. Got an email back saying all invitations had already been sent out, and since I didn't get an interview, I won't be granted admission. Good luck to those who got an interview!

5 minutes ago, swdarlin said:

Just emailed BU GPN to check on my application status since I hadn't heard from them yet. Got an email back saying all invitations had already been sent out, and since I didn't get an interview, I won't be granted admission. Good luck to those who got an interview!

Thanks for asking that/and posting here, I am in same boat! so at least I know

32 minutes ago, nebulasector7 said:

this is sort of a weird question but has anyone ever emailed a PI you're really interested in at a program you've been rejected at just to like say you're still interested for the future? Is that a thing or is that like creepy and desperate?

I did. I just emphasize that I enjoyed our interview, that I'm interested in their area and will keep up with it, and will consider contact in the future for a collaboration or post graduation opportunities. Just keep it short and sweet.

Edited by Infinito

On 2/10/2016 at 11:08 PM, kaida148 said:

Hi everyone, I'm new here. 

Has anyone heard from Vanderbilt yet?

On 2/10/2016 at 0:05 PM, daniolabtest said:

NGP or IGP?

I have not heard back from Vanderbilt IGP (interviewed Jan 28 - 30th). I received an e-mail though suggesting that the process was taking longer than usual. Still hopeful :)

15 hours ago, swdarlin said:

Has anyone heard from UVM NGP? I'm getting really anxious just hanging out and waiting...

I got an email to check the website portal because the application status had been updated! Good luck! :)

On 2/13/2016 at 2:06 AM, kaida148 said:

Both

14 hours ago, daniolabtest said:

I'm pretty sure NGP has already sent their notifications. IGP, no clue. They have a long process as they're rolling, so your app could likely still be in review. 

Vandy NGP had two major interview weekends. The second cohort definitely has not received their notifications, the first cohort perhaps some of them have, but not sure.

38 minutes ago, N3UR0 said:

Vandy NGP had two major interview weekends. The second cohort definitely has not received their notifications, the first cohort perhaps some of them have, but not sure.

Oh, I meant notifications as far as who is getting interviewed or not. At this point I'd imagine most programs have notified of interviews or not, except maybe IGP due to its long process which is why I was contrasting that. 

12 minutes ago, nicedogs said:

Whew, got an acceptance through UMaine! It feels like a big weight has been lifted from my chest, haha. 

@nicedogs OH YEAH!!!! Who's the... um... PERSON?!?! YOU DA' PERSON!!!!  Happy to hear!

1 hour ago, StrongTackleBacarySagna said:

This is a dick thing to complain about but I kind of feel bad turning down schools. You miss the chance to work with so many good people :(

Yup I felt like I needed a shower after turning down offers.

On 2/21/2016 at 3:09 PM, nebulasector7 said:

thought i was done with the waiting game... then schools pull out the 'we'll let you know in March' after interviews 

Anyone else in the same boat??

I'm with you! I have not heard back from my top 2 choices, but was told that we'd hear back week of 2/29 or 3/7. It's coming up before you know it :)

On 2/25/2016 at 7:54 AM, biosci1993 said:

Excited to announce that I have been accepted to my top choice and will be attending the University of Rochester (Neuroscience PhD) this fall! :) 

I don't know your interests but my friend just became a professor there! She is I think clinical psych technically (does research on suicide)--her name is Dr. Cassie Glenn and is an amazing human.

10 hours ago, nebulasector7 said:

emailed the coordinators of programs I interviewed at more than a month ago like HELLO. IT'S ME. I was wondering if after all this time, you'd like to talk??????

Ugh! As if we don't already have to wait on every other aspect of this process. We have to wait on simple communication too.:mellow: