2016 Neuroscience Ph.D. Applicant Thread People Thing

StrongTackleBacarySagna

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2015 at 5:39 PM, RM17 said:

Anyone here get one of the interviews for the Wisconsin NTP posted on the results page??

@RM17 I received an invite but have not actually posted in the survey

26 minutes ago, kokobanana said:

Harvard's PiN just sent out invites! My first neuro invite (I'm so excited!). I hope I can meet some of you there too!

Congrats ! I have a letter of rec from a Harvard professor in the neuro department from a summer research program. Hoping the invitations are coming in waves :( I'll blame my GRE scores if it comes down to it.

19 minutes ago, brainsandeggs said:

Congrats!!! Amazing!

Thank you! And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! The email I got stressed strongly to try and reply by today, so they might send out some more invites if people decline to interview. And congrats on Brown!!

19 minutes ago, kokobanana said:

Thank you! And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! The email I got stressed strongly to try and reply by today, so they might send out some more invites if people decline to interview. And congrats on Brown!!

Thanks! I can't imagine there are many of the sorts of people who are declining interviews at Harvard!! But heres hoping there's another wave of invites  :) 

19 hours ago, Edotdl said:

Cornell NBB? 

Neurobiology and Behavior, yes, in Ithaca.

4 hours ago, NeuroMetro said:

Hey  @nicedogs !  I suspect we know each other. And guess what? you get to see familiar face at interviews!!!

Congrats on the news, ready to represent those Metropolitan Speedbirds?

~

Also, I just heard from Brown-NIH's GPP if any of you are waiting on them. 

13 minutes ago, peachuzz34 said:

Congrats ! I'll see you in March :) Did you receive a phone call ? I haven't got the email yet.

Congratulations to you too :) I was supposed to receive a call but didn't get it, so a PI e-mailed me and said the official letter will be sent soon.
I'm in a bind because I was supposed to be abroad on that day, but I'll see if I can move my flight.

30 minutes ago, brainsandeggs said:

OH SNAP! Congrats!!!

Thank you~

22 hours ago, Gvh said:

Anybody want to claim the Northwestern invites?

I got a call from NUIN this morning. I missed it and they didn't say when the interview dates were in their message, but supposedly sending a follow up email soon.

2 hours ago, Neurolit said:

Congrats, everybody. This thread is on fire with interview requests!

Best of luck @Infinito and @peachuzz34 on your MIT interviews. I'm hoping to get an invitation too. It's one of the 2 places I've applied to. 

One might say it's... "neuroLIT"

17 minutes ago, 4eyes said:

@brainsandeggs congrats on chicago!! Was it from a POI you had already been in contact with previously, or someone you just mentioned in your app?

Thank you !! It was from someone I mentioned in my app - I actually didn't contact anyone from any program except my current institutions I work at beforehand, which I was seriously regretting as I think most of the top top programs want to see that, but I didn't decide to apply to non-NYC schools until super late in the game.