NDSEG 2016

bicsy

No, I can't either.  But, if you look at the threads in prior years, it looks like that was the pattern for everyone who tried, best as I can tell.

Since I can't log in, though, I would love to hear otherwise.

My understanding was that everyone who logged in early and had an acceptance letter there eventually received one by email.  I'm not sure if there were specific examples of people who couldn't log in, but received letters shortly after trying.  Most people couldn't log in, and didn't get the award.  Since the award process was drawn out over about a month two years ago, that meant that you could be enabled to log in pretty much any time in April, and, once you were able to log in you would receive an acceptance letter one or a few days later.  I didn't see any examples of people who were unable to log in on day x, but received an acceptance email on day x+1.  So, if this is correct, you can bypass the notification system and find out a day or so early if you are accepted.  The downside is, I have been trying to log in about every 15 minutes this whole week.  I guess it is no worse than checking my email every 15 minutes, though.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Chiming with a "nope, can't log in" from me as well. Although, I think my chances of winning NDSEG are not the highest. We're approaching the end of the work day on the east coast. If we don't hear back soon I guess that means tomorrow it is!

according to the facebook page:

We expect notifications to be issued to all parties (awardees, alternate selections, and all other applicants). Alternate selectees will receive award notifications as initial award offers are declined. If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to e-mail us at NDSEG@asee.org or give us a call at (202) 649 - 3831.

37 minutes ago, biosci said:

according to the facebook page:

We expect notifications to be issued to all parties (awardees, alternate selections, and all other applicants). Alternate selectees will receive award notifications as initial award offers are declined. If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to e-mail us at NDSEG@asee.org or give us a call at (202) 649 - 3831.

Nice!  Much better than the old process.

5 hours ago, Robin Goodfellow said:

I feel you on the rejections.  I thought that I was more competitive for the NSF than for the NDSEG, and I didn't even come close to getting the NSF. :P  I'm not expecting anything from the NDSEG, although it certainly would be a nice surprise.  (One of my labmates put together an NDSEG proposal, and I think the DoD is more likely to be interested his research direction than in my work, so I would also be happy if he got the award.)

I thought I was infinitely more qualified for the NSF GRFP than the DOE CSGF, but guess which one I got and which I didn't? Don't get your hopes down too fast! 

Nsf is weird! I really thought I had a really good shot. Perfect grades, really good research and personal statement (got excellent and one very good from all three reviewers) still didnt get it. It's government and very much about the demographics as well so don't lose heart

6 min ago on NDSEG twitter (9:21 AM EST, Friday April 1):

The Award Notification process has begun! Please note that e-mail announcements will be sent throughout today. Thank you for your patience!

EDIT: Post disappeared as of 9:30 AM EST ! Some kind of April Fool's joke or premature social media post :(?

Now (9:36) it says :

The NDSEG Program Team expects award announcements to be issued today. Please stay tuned for updates & thank you for your patience.
Edited by phospholipase

2 minutes ago, Argon said:

My girlfriend was able to login to the award site and it said she won. I guess it's real! Not April Fools

Well I guess that's it for me then.  Congrats to your girlfriend!

7 minutes ago, floop said:

It keeps telling me my password is wrong. Is that what everyone else is seeing when they can't log in?

Yup, that's what happened to me. They still haven't sent out the emails, so maybe they're still updating awards for people? Either way, not looking good...