Fall 2016 CANADIAN clinical psych applicants

Generic_Applicant

Knowing that Canadian programs don't usually get ramped up until after the first of the year is the only thing that's keeping me sane right about now.   Two of my five don't even close applications until Jan 31st/Feb 1st, so I have a looooooooong wait...

I'm waiting on several schools, although the deadlines for U of S and UNB haven't yet passed (same with Carleton). This is going to be a long wait, although SFU usually contacts people right when they get back from break in January. 

11 minutes ago, thiruch said:

Something tells me emails and calls from Canadian schools are going to be rolling in starting tomorrow. This could just be wishful thinking though.

Just the thought of this is stressing me out so much today. :(

You got this, FacelessMage. Take consolation in the fact that you've done your best. Once you know the results - which are hopefully positive - you can finally start prepping for next steps!  

The waiting game is the worst part!

5 hours ago, thiruch said:

You got this, FacelessMage. Take consolation in the fact that you've done your best. Once you know the results - which are hopefully positive - you can finally start prepping for next steps!  

The waiting game is the worst part!

I'd feel a bit better if this weren't my third time applying to clinical programs... :/

39 minutes ago, FacelessMage said:

I'd feel a bit better if this weren't my third time applying to clinical programs... :/

I feel you! I think because this is your third time, you probably have a good chance though! I think it takes time to figure out what works and build up your CV! So I hope you are atleast a tiny bit excited about your chances, within all the nerves :) 

Hey guys just thought I'd say hi and answer any questions y'all might have. I'm a current Clinical student :)

FYI - last year UTSC started doing interviews 2nd to 3rd week of January (around the same time as the UofT Experimental Psych program), but had another round of interviews first week of February. Ryerson had interviews throughout January with some contact in end of December. York is a bit more sporadic. Those are just some of the schools I know about :)

Good luck!

I've been a member of TGC since sophomore year, and I've known all along that I would be applying to Canadian schools.  However, I had no appreciation for how awful/stressful it is for Canadian applicants to watch this flurry of activity for US schools while.  you.   wait.   and.  wait.   and.  wait.   I've seen a very little bit of activity for Canadian schools (Waterloo, UBC), but not much.  This anxiety is killing me!

I'm trying so hard not to obsess over the fact that SFU hasn't sent out interview invites yet today. They almost always send them out on the Thursday 3 weeks before the interview day like clockwork! 

Skype Interview Offer for University of Waterloo! Received email from POI on Jan 1st saying I made the applicant shortlist. 

Following our initial review of 135 applications to the Clinical Psychology MA/PhD Program at University of Waterloo, we are pleased to inform you that you have made our applicant shortlist. After all the skype interviews have been completed, the clinical faculty will meet (probably in mid- to late-January) to discuss the applicants on our shortlist and to invite a proportion of these to come to the university to meet with faculty and students in person. These interviews are likely to take place in late January and throughout the month of February. 

Edited by veeclinpsy

Finally heard back from Ryerson U for an interview. Based on the email from the POI, it seems that supervisors are conducting interviews throughout January.

2 hours ago, thiruch said:

Finally heard back from Ryerson U for an interview. Based on the email from the POI, it seems that supervisors are conducting interviews throughout January.

Oh boo. Nothing from Ryerson yet :( 

But congrats to you!! :)