The Josef Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver

• 4 weeks later...

Global Finance, Trade, and Economic Integration. But I won't most likely go there even though they have been great and gave me a really great fellowship. If I opt for the money, AU has given me a great fellowship as well and since the programs are the same quality, the location makes all the difference in favor of AU.

A question for current Korbel students:

With the cost of 2-year tuition being roughly $70k, and the best scholarship available being up to $30k for the same time period, how does the Korbel body deal with the rest of their tuition expenses?

• Are there other scholarships from UDenver that I'm not seeing?
  • Outside scholarships/fellowships/aid?
  • Good ol' loans?
  • Work? And is working the first year discouraged or is it feasible?
  • Is panhandling allowed on street corners in Denver? Can I make a fair amount doing that? wink.gif

Hey sorry if this is going back to something that was addressed a while ago but I'm not sure there was much posted on this. I know they say that scholarships are only up to 15k a year somewhere on the website but they do sometimes offer more than this.

Hey sorry if this is going back to something that was addressed a while ago but I'm not sure there was much posted on this. I know they say that scholarships are only up to 15k a year somewhere on the website but they do sometimes offer more than this.

http://www.du.edu/korbel/sie/fellows/. I believe that's the only way to get a full scholarship at Korbel.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LaurelGrace said:

Has anyone who applied to the Masters in Conflict Resolution heard back yet? All these other programs hearing their news is making me nervous! 

Do they do admission to CR on a different timeline?

16 hours ago, coffeeandtravel said:

Do they do admission to CR on a different timeline?

I know they do their financial aid differently, but I'm not sure about the admission timeline. 

7 minutes ago, LaurelGrace said:

I know they do their financial aid differently, but I'm not sure about the admission timeline. 

So you haven't heard back from them? I received my admission notification on Friday. Maybe it's a separate admissions process?

1 hour ago, coffeeandtravel said:

So you haven't heard back from them? I received my admission notification on Friday. Maybe it's a separate admissions process?

No I haven't heard back yet, so I'm hoping its just a separate admissions process! 

Can anyone who has been accepted (past or present) comment on endowed scholarships? Are they offered at the time of acceptance (along with merit aid) or are they doled out separately, with other financial aid info (loans, work study, etc.)?

• 4 weeks later...
  •  
  • Lolothefirecat
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Application Season:2016 Fall
  • Program:Poli. Sci/IR/Conflict Res/Int. Studies

Hi! I'm currently deciding between the International Studies program and programs at Georgetown and IHEID. For those of you who ended up going, what are some of the strengths and weaknesses of the program? Also, did you guys get funding/what are prospects for funding for your second year?

Thanks in advance:)