Munk School, NPSIA, BSIA 2016

blaffy78

On 2/12/2016 at 4:19 PM, Pri02 said:

Just got an email from BSIA for their open house on March 4th. Anyone planning to go?

Hey! Yeah I'm planning to go, anyone else?

55 minutes ago, lumberjack23 said:

Just got an offer from Munk with 15k. However, I will probably forfeit it for another program. Good luck to y'all! 

You got in already!? To Munk? Thats so early.. Congrats though!!! and 15K thats insane... Would you mind sharing your stats?

I got accepted to BSIA (MAGG) this morning. No information on funding yet. Also not sure if anyone here applied to Queen's MPA program - but I was accepted there today as well.

Edited by lew

1 minute ago, Reddd said:

Congratulations guys! If you could post or PM your stats once your in, that would be much appreciated.

cGPA 4.0/4.3, Background: Criminology, Nothing majorly policy related in EC's.

26 minutes ago, Pri02 said:

@lew Was it the MIPP or MAGG that you heard back from? And are you sure they didn't mention the CIGI fellowship?

Sorry, I should have specified - it was MAGG. I actually got a phone call from them to let me know, so they said that they will be sending a letter that will have all of the details about funding etc.

3 minutes ago, AlinaD said:

I wasnt expecting Munk to start sending anything out until next week.. Nerves have kicked in for sure

also casually losing it. if you've already decided you don't want munk and would like to kindly decline asap the rest of us would very much appreciate it :P

51 minutes ago, vanatrick said:

I got into Munk this morning as well - 5k in funding. Will probably turn down because it's still soooo ridiculously expensive.

Also got in this morning (5k in funding as well)! Same as others, I'm waiting on NPSIA and GSPIA and will probably turn down Munk once I hear from one of them. Still a huge relief to have one offer at hand!

I hope that NPSIA gets back to us sooner rather than later! Last year the first decisions went out on March 10 but every other school this cycle appears to be sending out decisions earlier than usual...

Then again it's also possible that they'll send out decisions later than usual. Looking at the thread from last year, nobody at this point was still on the "preliminary review required" or "review in progress by department" stages, but that seems to be where we're all at right now.

Edited by vanatrick

9 minutes ago, vanatrick said:

I hope that NPSIA gets back to us sooner rather than later! Last year the first decisions went out on March 10 but every other school this cycle appears to be sending out decisions earlier than usual...

Then again it's also possible that they'll send out decisions later than usual. Looking at the thread from last year, nobody at this point was still on the "preliminary review required" or "review in progress by department" stages, but that seems to be where we're all at right now.

Mine has moved on to "review in progress" now. I was also looking over the discussion from last year, and it looks like everyone who was accepted on the 10th was at the "recommended for assessment" stage. Hope they are taking a bit longer this year. 

Just accepted to Munk as well.  5k in funding.  Received this as I was starting my 4 month backpacking trip. Incredible feeling.  Although,  I am still hesitant to accept given financial concerns and having already secured an offer and supportive scholarship from GSPIA for 12k.  Decisions, decisions ..... 

wow congratulations everyone! 

for those who got accepted, how come you were thinking of rejecting the munk offers? cost related or something else?

50 minutes ago, blaffy78 said:

wow congratulations everyone! 

for those who got accepted, how come you were thinking of rejecting the munk offers? cost related or something else?

Yeah that's exactly it. Munk's tuition is $20k a year. Two years of tuition fees plus two years of living expenses in Toronto.... I would really love to go but it's not gonna happen haha.

Edited by vanatrick

yeah 20K for two years is a lot of money. However would it be worth it? With the name recognition (UofT) as well as a pretty solid program, would that be a good tradeoff? I am still waiting on all my schools and trying to make a judgement call 

7 hours ago, AlinaD said:

You got in already!? To Munk? Thats so early.. Congrats though!!! and 15K thats insane... Would you mind sharing your stats?

IR major GPA 3.9/4.0, ivy grade inflation lol

My real interest is in international business and my dream is to become a consultant. Could anyone can speak to the quality of MSc at Ivey school of Business? I am leaning towards ivey at the moment but this could be a decision i regret. Any advice appreciated!!