Will pushing off Graduation until after the Summer semester effect my Grad Schools applications?

AuntCass

Hiya,

So, worried like everyone else about not getting in so I'm hoping for a backup plan since I've already applied to Grad Schools and need to apply for Spring Graduation soon. The sort of "logic" of this idea is to apply to graduate (with my BA in CSD and a Ling minor) in the summer and if I get into a grad school, then I can graduate and jump right into. If not, then I can forfeit the graduation fee, continue in the fall semester to boost my Ling minor to a major and re-take one a class for a slightly higher overall GPA. (I am 2 classes away from the major requirements after this semester.) This way, I imagine I would be a stronger candidate for the next go 'round. Does anyone know if applying for a summer graduation will affect a Grad school's admissions?

Do you think this logic is sound if it does not have an impact?

Thanks for entertaining this idea and offering your advice. I really appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

All they really care about is when you receive your diploma. So, if you apply for summer graduation, decide to continue on, and then graduate later, they'll only know when you graduated.*

*Caveat: Unless, for some weird reason, your school lists when you originally applied to graduate on your transcript. It is unlikely this happens but check with your registrar's office just to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you both so much! I spoke with my advisor and some of my peers. Seems like it's fairly common so I should be able to without too much hassle. I'm fairly certainit is not listed on our transcripts, but I'll double check with the registrar. I appreciate the advice!