Fall 2016 Acceptances, Interviews, and Rejections Thread

gingin6789

14 minutes ago, Shay825 said:

There's another Brown acceptance up. 

Looks like they received the acceptance on the 3rd but just posted it today. I guess they were busy celebrating haha ... I know I would be!

Claiming the UGA interview on the results page. Received E-mail from Graduate Coordinator. Invited to recruitment weekend March 20-22. Seems like it is a recruitment/interview process. Offers for admission will be made after recruitment weekend. ***The trip is paid for though, which is nice.

3 minutes ago, ConsciousKid said:

Claiming the UGA interview on the results page. Received E-mail from Graduate Coordinator. Invited to recruitment weekend March 20-22. Seems like it is a recruitment/interview process. Offers for admission will be made after recruitment weekend. ***The trip is paid for though, which is nice.

You're killing it!!

Hoping to hear from at least Rutgers and Boulder this week. Rutgers on whether I'm accepted after my interview, and Boulder for any word at all (their deadline was 12/1, so I'm a bit worried ... I hope they liked my application!).

And hearing from Brandeis and Vanderbilt would be awesome, too! Perhaps later in the week? I don't know! 

My predictions and spreadsheet have all been so totally WRONG so far! I can't help but laugh because trying to have control over this situation just isn't possible. The only thing I can do is patiently wait.

Thanks. I sincerely hope so. Starting to get a bit depressed over the silence from the schools that I applied to. I've gained about 4 pounds in the last two weeks from stress eating junk food. My waistline will weep in gratitude it if I get some responses this week. 

12 minutes ago, gingin6789 said:

And hearing from Brandeis and Vanderbilt would be awesome, too! Perhaps later in the week? I don't know! 

My predictions and spreadsheet have all been so totally WRONG so far! I can't help but laugh because trying to have control over this situation just isn't possible. The only thing I can do is patiently wait.

My timeline predictions based on the last 3 years have been pretty off the mark as well. I guess the departments get around to it when they get around to it. Boulder is a lovely place, so hopefully they'll get around to it soon!

Just now, Shay825 said:

Thanks. I sincerely hope so. Starting to get a bit depressed over the silence from the schools that I applied to. I've gained about 4 pounds in the last two weeks from stress eating junk food. My waistline will weep in gratitude it if I get some responses this week. 

Seriously, I've gained about 4 pounds too. It's bad. Hopefully your first news is good news. Starting off with rejection(s) is extremely rough. I'm still holding some hope for a miracle, but at least when it's all over  I'll be able to fit back into my pants. The struggle is real.

19 minutes ago, HopefulSocPhD said:

My timeline predictions based on the last 3 years have been pretty off the mark as well. I guess the departments get around to it when they get around to it. Boulder is a lovely place, so hopefully they'll get around to it soon!

I went to CU Boulder as an undergrad, and I know for a fact (after talking to a mentor), that the department has picked its admits. Probably will get notified today or tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, MaxWeberHasAPosse said:

I went to CU Boulder as an undergrad, and I know for a fact (after talking to a mentor), that the department has picked its admits. Probably will get notified today or tomorrow.

WOW, thank you for this news! It's just -- 

*short-circuits*

Ahhh! I'll keep you posted on what I hear!

26 minutes ago, HopefulSocPhD said:

Exactly! Things are so variable from year-to-year (who's on the adcomm, how many apps they get, how quickly they get through the apps) that you can take past data as a rough estimate, but never as certainty!