USC / University of Southern California

goal_digger

@goal_digger IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! The admissions staff seem to be in quite a mess, but from the looks of it, I'd say that means you're in! 

Also, you should probably check if a decision was posted to your you.usc account. Maybe that'll have some info

Good luck to all of us that are left! Loll

Edited by MSWinmyfuture

@dansam101  this is what the email said: Thank you for your application to the Master of Social Work program at the University of Southern California. This email is to confirm that your application is currently being processed. Please note this DOES NOT confirm the receipt of all required application materials. If additional materials are required you will be notified. You will be notified of your admission decision two – four months after the deadline via email and postal mail.

However, I called right after this was emailed to me to double-check my transcripts and found that they had a college listed that i never attended. While on the phone fixing the problem, I got an email stating :  At this time, your application for Fall 2016 is incomplete.

I think it's due to the transcript issue and I believe it's fixed. However, people who received the first email last year typically heard back within the same week. I'm so confused, anxious, and excited all at the same time.

10 minutes ago, MSWinmyfuture said:

@dansam101  this is what the email said: Thank you for your application to the Master of Social Work program at the University of Southern California. This email is to confirm that your application is currently being processed. Please note this DOES NOT confirm the receipt of all required application materials. If additional materials are required you will be notified. You will be notified of your admission decision two – four months after the deadline via email and postal mail.

However, I called right after this was emailed to me to double-check my transcripts and found that they had a college listed that i never attended. While on the phone fixing the problem, I got an email stating :  At this time, your application for Fall 2016 is incomplete.

I think it's due to the transcript issue and I believe it's fixed. However, people who received the first email last year typically heard back within the same week. I'm so confused, anxious, and excited all at the same time.

Yes i got that email last week as well and had a similar issue with my transcripts! I submitted my application 12/20 so I am also anxious! I also read that applicants last year got their acceptance within that week. I hope that is the case for us! I was worried that since it says "You will be notified of your admission decision two – four months after the deadline via email and postal mail." they would be letting us know after the March deadline?

Congrats to you both! So exciting!!

Ok so I just got off the phone with the department and they told me it'll take another day to process and get that transcript off of my record. However, since I did not apply to the December deadline, I won't hear back until April ?. I'm sure this means whoever did apply for the December deadline should be hearing back soon. Good luck!!

4 hours ago, MSWinmyfuture said:

Congrats to you both! So exciting!!

Ok so I just got off the phone with the department and they told me it'll take another day to process and get that transcript off of my record. However, since I did not apply to the December deadline, I won't hear back until April ?. I'm sure this means whoever did apply for the December deadline should be hearing back soon. Good luck!!

Ohh so you asked if we hear back 2 months from now or 2 months from the closure of the march deadline?

@dansam101 it depends on which deadline you applied before. If you applied for priority, you should be hearing back soon. If you applied before the March deadline, you'll be hearing back more-so in April. (according to the guy in the department that I spoke to) 

Hope that helps. 

On February 3, 2016 at 10:27 PM, dansam101 said:

Yes i got that email last week as well and had a similar issue with my transcripts! I submitted my application 12/20 so I am also anxious! I also read that applicants last year got their acceptance within that week. I hope that is the case for us! I was worried that since it says "You will be notified of your admission decision two – four months after the deadline via email and postal mail." they would be letting us know after the March deadline?

On February 3, 2016 at 10:20 PM, MSWinmyfuture said:

I had the SAME exact issue!!! At least I know I am not the only one. I had to call them so many times and it took 3 weeks for them to resolve the issue. Everyone I spoke to told me something different.

Edited by Jessa
corrected info

8 hours ago, MSWinmyfuture said:

@Jessa did you by chance get an email when the issue had been resolved saying that your application was complete? The rep on the phone told me it would only take a day to process but I haven't gotten any notification that it was resolved. 

You know i had an issue with my transcripts and i received the email that my app was incomplete last wednesday and i called that same day and was able to solve the issue but i did not receive another email until this Wednesday. This email stating my application was complete and awaiting faculty review. Hope this helps you with calculating your time frame :)

Hello to all!!!! This has been one of the most stressful situations of my life!! Hahah... Congrats to all who have gotten in and as for the rest of us, positive thoughts and vibes to everyone!!! I submitted my application before the December deadline and they still hadn't received my community college transcripts until Wednesday!!! This took me calling and calling and calling for two whole weeks because my last name doesn't match.... Well then..... I was told yesterday that my application would be submitted for review today..... How long will I have to wait now?! Grrrrr..... One question ?! 

I received an email today inviting me to apply for the  USC Deans Scholarship.... I need to apply before the 17th.... What's up with this?! Anyone else get this email?!?!

On February 3, 2016 at 10:53 AM, kshanks said:

I applied to the MSW program in late November and received an acceptance email yesterday (2/2)!! Good luck to everyone else!

Congrats!!! How exciting!! Did you also get the email invitation to apply for the Deans Leadeship scholars scholarship ?!

Edited by MrsKozee
Typo

On February 3, 2016 at 10:45 PM, goal_digger said:

Hi everyone so I received the email with my acceptance letter! I'm beyond ecstatic :D:D Good luck to everyone else I hope you guys get in as well!!

Congrats!!! How exciting!! Did you also get the email invitation to apply for the Deans Leadeship scholars scholarship ?!

Edited by MrsKozee
Typo

I received an email stating I am a recipient of the MSW Scholarship my award is $30,000. I also received the USC Deans Leadership scholarship application e-mail so I will definitely be applying! I need all the funding I can get!!

33 minutes ago, goal_digger said:

I received an email stating I am a recipient of the MSW Scholarship my award is $30,000. I also received the USC Deans Leadership scholarship application e-mail so I will definitely be applying! I need all the funding I can get!!

Yaaayyy!!! 

1 hour ago, goal_digger said:

Did you find out about the Deans scholarship before you were accepted?

3 hours ago, MrsKozee said:

Thank you! And yes I did. 

45 minutes ago, kshanks said:

Did you get T before your acceptance email?  I also received another email inviting me to apply for different scholarships… I really hope this means that I am definitely in the running as a candidate…

45 minutes ago, kshanks said: