USC / University of Southern California

goal_digger

@MrsKozee I got the same emails too! However, I applied after the december deadline. I got super excited as well and decided to call and check the status of my application. The super sweet lady let me know that they can't even review my application until the March deadline, given they have to look through priority first. 

That said, I think the scholarship information was generic to all applicants :unsure:

Well then..... I applied early Deember and since my community college transcripts didn't show up until a week ago, I will now be waiting until the March deadline to get a decision.... I am so bummed and tired..... ? 

Congrats to everyone who got in! I've been so busy these last few weeks, but I just wanted to share that I got my acceptance as well!!! Hopefully I will see some of you there.

18 hours ago, MrsKozee said:

@Jessa, congrats!!!!! You seem to be the first I've heard of... That's wonderful news!!! How and when if you don't mind me asking...

Earlier this week via email. I haven't gotten the documents in the mail yet, but I did get the digital ones. 

On 2/14/2016 at 7:18 PM, Jessa said:

Earlier this week via email. I haven't gotten the documents in the mail yet, but I did get the digital ones. 

I think in the documents it says that we will not be getting paper acceptances everything is going to be online.

Hi Everyone, I applied to USC's MSW/PhD program and was just invited as a finalist to visit the school. I am so excited about it, but I was wondering if you guys knew of any forums on housing, and USC financial packages? Thanks for your help. Maybe we'll be schoolmates this fall!

Just now, MrsKozee said:

@van2312 that's awesome news; congrats!!! Woo hoo!!! 

May ya I ask when you submitted your app? Thanks... Go Trojans!!

Got my Acceptance Letter yesterday for 2year program around 2pm :lol:!!!! 

Thank You!! I applied Dec. 7. About 20 of my friends heard back before me. I was freaking out but honestly I am positive you will be hearing back soon even tomorrow! Good Luck, I also saw you got into UCLA CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im still waiting to hear back from UCLA. I got accepted to Columbia also and now do not know what to do. 

congrats @van2312 !! How long ago did you receive the email that your app is complete & that it'll take 2-4 months?

As for me, they BARELY fixed my transcript issue on Monday, claiming it was a technical glitch on their end (the whole process ended up taking around 3-4 weeks). I got the email that my app was complete on Tuesday. Judging from last year's thread, it should take about 4 - 6 days after receiving that email to get a decision. I'm just hoping it's the same this year. The anticipation is killing me!! 

Edited by MSWinmyfuture

9 hours ago, van2312 said:

Got my Acceptance Letter yesterday for 2year program around 2pm :lol:!!!! 

Thank You!! I applied Dec. 7. About 20 of my friends heard back before me. I was freaking out but honestly I am positive you will be hearing back soon even tomorrow! Good Luck, I also saw you got into UCLA CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im still waiting to hear back from UCLA. I got accepted to Columbia also and now do not know what to do. 

I applied around the 1st, but my transcripts took fooorrrrwwvveerr to get there, so I will be waiting until March to find out the news... Columbia is amazing!!!!! Hopefully your school of choice gives you a nice scholarship package!!! 

37 minutes ago, MSWinmyfuture said:

congrats @van2312 !! How long ago did you receive the email that your app is complete & that it'll take 2-4 months?

As for me, they BARELY fixed my transcript issue on Monday, claiming it was a technical glitch on their end (the whole process ended up taking around 3-4 weeks). I got the email that my app was complete on Tuesday. Judging from last year's thread, it should take about 4 - 6 days after receiving that email to get a decision. I'm just hoping it's the same this year. The anticipation is killing me!! 

Same thing happened to me @MSWinmyfuture, I have called several times and they say that I will be waiting until the March deadline to have my application reviewed.... My transcripts surfaced  Jan 28th even though they all ready had them before then. I asked to speak to a supervisor since it's not fair, but they said March...

Edited by MrsKozee

On February 26, 2016 at 0:39 AM, MrsKozee said:

Same thing happened to me @MSWinmyfuture, I have called several times and they say that I will be waiting until the March deadline to have my application reviewed.... My transcripts surfaced  Jan 28th even though they all ready had them before then. I asked to speak to a supervisor since it's not fair, but they said March...

Hey MrsKozee I summbited my application on Dec. 7 and received my conformation on  1/19/16. I heard back on 2/25/16. Check your spam/junk/clutter mail as for mine was in my clutter mail and did not notice. The time you hear back can vary, but I am sure you'll hear back really soon :). 

Hi @van2312, I did initially because I am awaiting decision from their joint program. I've just requested another extension because I am a finalist for their PhD of social work, but their visit dates aren't until the end of March. It should be fine. I think the contact person's name is Stacy. 

If anyone applied for any scholarships, start keeping an eye out on your email! I got the most amazing news today. I wasn't expecting to hear back this soon :)

15 minutes ago, Msw_22 said:

has anyone heard any news from usc????

still haven't heard anything=/

I haven't heard back yet either. I've spoken to them a few times and they told me we should hear by end of April, but it also depends on when you applied. 

On February 26, 2016 at 2:13 AM, van2312 said:
On February 28, 2016 at 3:47 PM, van2312 said:
1 hour ago, Msw_22 said:

has anyone heard any news from usc????

still haven't heard anything=/

I just called them..... He said that since my transcripts took forever to get there my application was held for the March 2nd review, but it has already been reviewed and I should be getting  a letter very soon... He also told me that the facility was very impressed with my application and I will be very happy and okay..... Okie dokie.... Call them!!!!