USC / University of Southern California

goal_digger

by the way for anyone who applied after the scholarship deadline....

is there still a chance to get some type of scholarship/aid besides loans?

Just now, Msw_22 said:

by the way for anyone who applied after the scholarship deadline....

is there still a chance to get some type of scholarship/aid besides loans?

Yay!!!!! Congrats!!! Hopefully I will see you at UCLA!!!! ☺️

Yes sweetie, we got into USC ☺️☺️☺️  

Well maybe.... 

I didn't get the Dean's Leadership Scholarship... 

I'm looking forward to the acceptabce nonetheless...

I am also accepted to USC! :)

However, I am pretty concerned about their high tuition.

I only applied for USC for this year! If I am not going to USC, I will have to apply for CSU and UCLA next year.

How are you guys preparing for USC tuition?

Edited by ohoh207

Yes, they offered me $40k.... Not as awesome as UCLA's scholarship offer, not even close!! 

I loved UCLA while I was there for undergrad, I'm in love with the program, I'm I love with UCLA !! Double Bruin for life!!

• 3 weeks later...
On March 9, 2016 at 0:27 PM, MSWinmyfuture said:

CHECK YOUR EMAILS. I got my official acceptance ?

When did you apply for USC's MSW program? 

18 hours ago, aramirez said:

When did you apply for USC's MSW program? 

I sent in my application on 1/14. They had an issue with my transcripts so that prolonged the process, then got my acceptance on 3/10. Hope that helps

• 4 weeks later...

What have people been getting on scholarships for USC's MSW programs? I got offered $20,000 (for both years) from USC and from NYU I received $15,000 (per year). I am still debating which one to attend this Fall. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2016 at 6:32 PM, aramirez said:

What have people been getting on scholarships for USC's MSW programs? I got offered $20,000 (for both years) from USC and from NYU I received $15,000 (per year). I am still debating which one to attend this Fall. 

I'd really like to know this too! I only applied to USC and the tuition cost is finally slapping me in the face, which is affecting my decision to accept the offer. Wondering if anyone has heard from other scholarship opportunities and how much they received? I just want to know if it has ever been that an individual got most of their tuition covered by scholarships and grants alone...

Also, has anyone attempted to ask for more money?

Edited by teresaurrr

• 1 month later...

I just finished my AA in psychology, am also a drug and alcohol counseling student, and finished after maintaining a 4.0 at my CC with full IGETC. I'm an older student, 33, back in school pursuing a new future. I am going to UC Irvine and just transfered. I know I have to prove myself here, but I understand I should apply for grad school in about a year, so I want to get this thought through early, to be prepared ahead of time. I'm currently very interested in USC's MSW program, especially if I could do it at the Irvine  campus. What does USC really require for a competitive candidate ? What advice do you guys have ? Thank you !!!

On June 14, 2016 at 3:33 AM, BackNSchool83 said:

I just finished my AA in psychology, am also a drug and alcohol counseling student, and finished after maintaining a 4.0 at my CC with full IGETC. I'm an older student, 33, back in school pursuing a new future. I am going to UC Irvine and just transfered. I know I have to prove myself here, but I understand I should apply for grad school in about a year, so I want to get this thought through early, to be prepared ahead of time. I'm currently very interested in USC's MSW program, especially if I could do it at the Irvine  campus. What does USC really require for a competitive candidate ? What advice do you guys have ? Thank you !!!

For me...I am an older student as well...AA in general studies, BA in psychology...my early years of school were NOT good at all, but I pulled it together in the later years. I have seen some of the experience some people have in here and honestly, I could not compete, but I would say get some experience, keep your grades up and you should be fine for their program. Also, as an older student you likely have more life experience. I definitely called upon that when it came time to write my statement of purpose as I don't have any direct social work experience. I definitely had to research the values and I realized a lot of that could apply to life in general so I just went with it and it worked out for me.

On May 8, 2016 at 8:01 PM, teresaurrr said:

I'd really like to know this too! I only applied to USC and the tuition cost is finally slapping me in the face, which is affecting my decision to accept the offer. Wondering if anyone has heard from other scholarship opportunities and how much they received? I just want to know if it has ever been that an individual got most of their tuition covered by scholarships and grants alone...

Also, has anyone attempted to ask for more money?

After I applied I started getting second thoughts because of the cost, but then when it came time to apply for scholarships I applied for everything! I got $50k scholarship which definitely helps plus I have money coming from my gi bill so I am practically going for free. Obviously I couldn't say no to USC after that. I almost didn't apply for any of the scholarships because it was a bit overwhelming for me, but I am so happy that I did because it paid off :)