Columbia - Fall 2016

Opt4theBest

Just now, morningjunky said:

I just received my acceptance as well. 

Does anyone know when financial aid awards will be mailed out/available online? I didn't receive any notice about scholarships in my letter online.

My letter said this: "Information about scholarships and funding will be sent to you via email from the Office of Financial Aid within the coming weeks."

1 minute ago, caitmcguire said:

My letter said this: "Information about scholarships and funding will be sent to you via email from the Office of Financial Aid within the coming weeks."

LOL. Okay, I just saw that. I should't have skimmed through the acceptance letter. Yikes! Thanks and congrats!

25 minutes ago, caitmcguire said:

Just got my acceptance!  I'm not optimistic about financial aid (that information is to follow in the coming weeks) but still very happy! 

22 minutes ago, morningjunky said:

I just received my acceptance as well. 

Does anyone know when financial aid awards will be mailed out/available online? I didn't receive any notice about scholarships in my letter online.

Hi, congrats!!  I haven't gotten anything yet, I hope it's not a bad sign.  Did either of you apply to the Advanced Standing program?  Congrats again!

3 minutes ago, rlauren said:

Hi! I've been creeping these forums for awhile now.  I just got my acceptance today!  I applied January 15th and my last LOR was submitted feb.3.     

Hi rlauren, were you Advanced Standing?  

Just now, KmmAlaska said:

Anyone Advanced Standing?  Last year those applicants heard later than the rest, wondering if this year is the same?

I was not A.S. I applied Jan. 15. Best of luck! Im sure you'll get it :). All my friends got into USC and I have not heard back I know how it feels to wait! 

2 hours ago, YEONNI said:

I'm starting to get pretty antsy... I applied November 30th and my application was completed December 2nd... so how come I have yet to hear back from them? Do rejection letters go out by snail mail...? :(

I think that the send out acceptance letters in waves, so don't feel discouraged yet! I would keep checking throughout this week. I hope that you get in!

I received my acceptance last night as well! I applied by the priority deadline on December 1st and applied for the 2 year program. Congrats to everyone else who heard and I hope those still waiting hear back very soon!

7 hours ago, AMcCoy said:

Congrats everyone! So exciting! When announcing acceptances, Could everyone post which program they were accepted to? Ex. 2 year, advanced standing, online...etc. This would be helpful to those who are still waiting. 

I applied on 11/20 for the two-year program. Based on past threads in previous application cycles, it seems that advanced standing students hear a bit later then two-year program students. Best of luck!

Congrats to everyone who's heard from CU so far! I know of many people who got a pretty good scholarship package, myself included. Work study is something that is somewhat unique to CU (in NYC anyway) and very helpful. Always appeal for more, everyone I know that's appealed for more money (or asked to add work study for field) has gotten it, and they typically respond in a few days. 

Everyone that hasn't heard yet don't worry I'm sure you'll hear soon, I know of some people who have called and asked their status and gotten an acceptance over the phone if you're stressing too much, might be worth a shot. 

1 hour ago, jillchristine said:

Congrats to everyone who's heard from CU so far! I know of many people who got a pretty good scholarship package, myself included. Work study is something that is somewhat unique to CU (in NYC anyway) and very helpful. Always appeal for more, everyone I know that's appealed for more money (or asked to add work study for field) has gotten it, and they typically respond in a few days. 

Everyone that hasn't heard yet don't worry I'm sure you'll hear soon, I know of some people who have called and asked their status and gotten an acceptance over the phone if you're stressing too much, might be worth a shot. 

Do you know (based on anecdotal experience) how much funding is usually given to students? I'm considering Columbia, but it doesn't seem like they give incoming students any more than around 16-20K annually in scholarships, work-study and other forms of financial assistance (outside of loans). Thank you!