CSULB MSW Applicants

Sor11

2 minutes ago, ginabina said:

I haven't received anything yet either. I’m getting both anxious and nervous. I’ve been checking this website and my email like a mad woman.

:lol:I guess we are all going mad here. 

For those of you that got accepted, are you planning to attend CSULB or are you waiting to hear back from other schools? 

To those of you waiting, I hope you hear back soon!

On March 6, 2016 at 10:37 PM, sammiesammsamm said:

For those of you that got accepted, are you planning to attend CSULB or are you waiting to hear back from other schools? 

To those of you waiting, I hope you hear back soon!

Yes I accepted the offer. Any news for any of you? 

For those who are in the program, did any of you receive any financial aid from the school? 

On 3/10/2016 at 11:15 AM, LSor11 said:

Yes I accepted the offer. Any news for any of you? 

For those who are in the program, did any of you receive any financial aid from the school? 

I also accepted the offer back in late January, looks like we'll be in the same cohort! I have not heard anything from financial aid. But from what I'm aware is that they don't offer financial aid, just loans. 

On March 10, 2016 at 2:52 PM, sammiesammsamm said:

I also accepted the offer back in late January, looks like we'll be in the same cohort! I have not heard anything from financial aid. But from what I'm aware is that they don't offer financial aid, just loans. 

Regarding financial,  the State University Grant is an option for graduate students at the Cal State. SUG is a need based grant and is available as long as individuals are eligible. SUG only pays tuition, NOT fees. Also, there are scholarships awarded by the university and stipends related to concentrations. 

Source: current student in CSU Long Beach MSW program

Hey guys,

I am also patiently waiting for a reply.  I submitted my application on the day of the deadline and just this week I got an email that the department is now reviewing my application.  Like many of you, I am also constantly checking my email and snail mail for a response.  I have a couple of friends that are currently in the program and they both didn't hear back until late April early May so we'll see.  Good luck to all of you!

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Avaz220 said:

Received my offer this week and letter of admissions yesterday :D

Congrats! i wonder if they're still sending out immediate acceptances/rejections or now moving to the pending status list

Hello!

I also applied to Long Beach. I submitted my application super early (October 15th) and I heard back on January 26th that I had been wait listed. Still waiting to hear if I have been accepted..The anticipation is killing me!

Congrats to those who have been accepted to the program! I'm also hoping that those who are waiting hear from admissions soon. Has anyone heard about when orientation might be? I know that last year's orientation was in May. I also heard that this years orientation might be in June. Does anyone have confirmation on that? 

9 hours ago, rilotta said:

Hello!

I also applied to Long Beach. I submitted my application super early (October 15th) and I heard back on January 26th that I had been wait listed. Still waiting to hear if I have been accepted..The anticipation is killing me!

Hey i was waitlisted as well, i hope they send out acceptances soon! 

CONGRATS EVERYONE

UNFORTUNATELY STILL WAITING FOR A REPLY <_<

HAVE CHECKED "MY STATUS" AND STILL SAYS MY APPLICATION IS BEING REVIEWED. 

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED WERE YOUR APPLICATIONS FOR PART TIME OR FULL TIME? 

On April 14, 2016 at 10:18 AM, Avaz220 said:

orientation is may 7th

Did you get an email for orientation or did you just hear about this? I'm thinking of calling today because I haven't received any information since my acceptance back in late February. 

2 hours ago, Sor11 said:

Did you get an email for orientation or did you just hear about this? I'm thinking of calling today because I haven't received any information since my acceptance back in late February. 

Hey, I can help answer this. I got an email March 24th, from Kathleen Porter, in the email she stated that we were supposed to RSVP with her and other details about the orientation. This orientation is for the 2 year program (I can't remember if you applied for the 2 year program). I would call and check in with the school since you were accepted and didn't receive the email. 

12 hours ago, SARAIM1 said:

CONGRATS EVERYONE

UNFORTUNATELY STILL WAITING FOR A REPLY <_<

HAVE CHECKED "MY STATUS" AND STILL SAYS MY APPLICATION IS BEING REVIEWED. 

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED WERE YOUR APPLICATIONS FOR PART TIME OR FULL TIME? 

I applied for the FT 2 year program. 

I applied for the FT 2 year program also. I sent in my application the first week of January and didn't receive any sort of email that my application was received/processed or anything until the first week of April when I was told I was accepted.

2 hours ago, Avaz220 said:

I applied for the FT 2 year program also. I sent in my application the first week of January and didn't receive any sort of email that my application was received/processed or anything until the first week of April when I was told I was accepted.

Were you wait listed or no?

On April 19, 2016 at 10:32 AM, sammiesammsamm said:

Hey, I can help answer this. I got an email March 24th, from Kathleen Porter, in the email she stated that we were supposed to RSVP with her and other details about the orientation. This orientation is for the 2 year program (I can't remember if you applied for the 2 year program). I would call and check in with the school since you were accepted and didn't receive the email. 

I applied for the FT 2 year program. 

Thank you, I applied for the 3 year program. I finally received an email. Orientation for us is June 4th. 

Hello! 

I'm brand new to TheGradCafe! I'm wondering if anyone here applied to CSULB's 3 year part-time MSW program to be held in Santa Rosa, CA. It's a distance education program but will be held on a campus here in northern CA. 

I applied 11/10/15.

They forwarded my application to the MSW department for review on 11/24/15.

I was placed in pending on 1/26/16.

Offered admission to the program 4/12/16.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! <3

Edited by nle2014

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, van2312 said:

I have still not heard anything from Long Beach, at this point are they still even accepting people? 

I have no idea. I was put on pending status in January & im wondering if they're going to start sending out final decisions for those that were put on it. I wonder if we can call the admissions office or something. I just want to know already 

I called the SW department earlier this week and asked the status of my application, I was told that the department is still evaluating applications.  

I'm aware of the orientation for the new grad MSW students coming up on May 7th, so I poked a question regarding that; I was told that another orientation will be held.  It's possible we won't hear anything until early June.  

I wish you all the best.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard anything from long beach since January when they told me my application was "pending". Does anyone know if they have a deadline as to when they have to notify us? I had an interview with CSUF on May 3rd and hoping to hear back from them next week. I suppose no news is good news? We haven't been rejected thus far.