SDSU MSW Fall 2016

jclay005

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would go ahead and start a SDSU thread. I applied Dec 14 and received an email Jan 5 saying that they will try to mail out decisions by March 1. I am already going crazy and its only been a month. 

Yay! Thanks for making a SDSU thread! I have already memorized the ones from previous years, haha. SDSU is my top choice!! I had all my transcripts,application, and all LORs submitted by Nov 12th so I'm hoping to hear back sooner since I applied early. These past 2 months have been hard and will only get worse, especially when other people start hearing back. 

Edited by tine

• 2 weeks later...

Same here! Submitted my application on December 14th and waiting patiently. I was denied admission last year around March 6 via email (and a letter in the mail a few days after) and from what I remember people started getting acceptances as early as 1/29/15 through Feb 2015. With the new paperless application process, who knows how long it will take this time around...

Good luck everyone :)

I also applied to SDSU about a week before the Dec. 15 deadline. I'm anxiously waiting to hear back, but I'm thinking it won't be until early March sometime based on the time I applied. I'm currently still finishing my undergrad and graduate in the spring. So I'd like to know what my plans for after graduation are! Hopefully it's grad school right away! :)

Wanted to let you all know I logged into webportal and had a message of acceptance dated 2/04. I didn't get an email yet. I know they do rolling admissions and I applied early so I hope you all will hear back soon!!! The wait was rough! Good luck to you all!!

Congratulations @tine! Which program were you admitted to?

I also was just admitted and found out through my webportal! I called to confirm with the Admissions department, and they said a letter was already in the mail. I am so incredibly thrilled. I found out during one of my classes and had to leave in the middle because I couldn't hold back my tears of joy. I will definitely be accepting for the 2 year Direct Practice track.

I hope you all receive news soon. Best wishes and luck to you all! :)

Edited by BreezyHeart
Something to add

@BreezyHeart Congrats!! I was admitted to the 2 year Direct Practice too! I'm still in undergrad so I just have to finish a calculus class then I'm official (the pressure is on)!! I can't wait to receive the  letter in the mail. I started crying too when I saw my webportal hahal! SDSU has been my top choice!!!

Hey everyone, 

I have been following along but have yet to contribute anything to the thread until now! I have also applied to SDSU's MSW program. For those who received their acceptances today would you mind sharing your stats and when you submitted your completed application? I did my undergrad at SDSU and my application was submitted early... but I have yet to see any kind of change to my admission status in web portal. 

Congrats you guys!

Edited by MSW2016

23 hours ago, tine said:

Wanted to let you all know I logged into webportal and had a message of acceptance dated 2/04. I didn't get an email yet. I know they do rolling admissions and I applied early so I hope you all will hear back soon!!! The wait was rough! Good luck to you all!!

Can you share your statistics with us?

21 hours ago, tine said:

@BreezyHeart Congrats!! I was admitted to the 2 year Direct Practice too! I'm still in undergrad so I just have to finish a calculus class then I'm official (the pressure is on)!! I can't wait to receive the  letter in the mail. I started crying too when I saw my webportal hahal! SDSU has been my top choice!!!

Can you please share your stats!? Congratulations!!!!! :)

Hi All! :) 

Thank you!  Good luck to you both @Karenn @MSW2016 !!

My application was complete 11/12 - including transcripts and LORs

I'm currenly getting my BS in Clinical Psychology from UCSD

according to score pdf on decision desk my stats are: 

Overall: 3.54

Last 60: 3.67

GRE AWA: 4.5

At the time of applying I had 2300 hours of experience. Volunteer and paid.

2 hours ago, tine said:

Hi All! :) 

Thank you!  Good luck to you both @Karenn @MSW2016 !!

My application was complete 11/12 - including transcripts and LORs

I'm currenly getting my BS in Clinical Psychology from UCSD

according to score pdf on decision desk my stats are: 

Overall: 3.54

Last 60: 3.67

GRE AWA: 4.5

At the time of applying I had 2300 hours of experience. Volunteer and paid.

What is score pdf on Decision Desk and how do you get to it? 

@BreezyHeart if you log into your decision desk where you originally submitted your application, go to the bottom of your checklist where it says "review and resubmit application." Then on the next page below your name click "documents." There should be a document named after your red-id and says scores. It shows the GPAs the school calculated for you :)

Here are my stats:

Currently finishing my BS in Psychology at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.

3 minors in Women's & Gender Studies, Ethnic Studies, and Child Development.

Overall GPA: 3.92 

GRE AWA: 5

Over 1700 hours of volunteer/paid/internship experience. 

Application completely submitted with everything on 12/08/15

@MSW2016 they only gave us 7 days to respond with our decision. So I'm sure we were the first wave and they're going to keep filling spots. I hope you hear back soon!! :)

Edited by tine

Thanks @tine!  They only gave you 7 days to respond with your decision? I know someone who was admitted and they were given until April to respond. I wish they gave us a little more information about how rolling admissions actually works- the wait is awful and all of the feedback from those who were admitted or from those who have spoken to faculty is very confusing!

@MSW2016For SDSU graduate admissions we had till April. But the SW department gave us a form with the acceptance letter that said to return within 7 days to "retain/reserve your place in the 2 year program." The form asked if we plan to enroll and if not, then the reasons for not accepting. So if we dont turn that form in, then the April date doesnt matter because we won't have our spot in a program. By the 6th day, they even sent me an email and PDF of the form and told me to email it back for my acceptance verification. I hope that clears up that confusion. From what I understand from the info session, they place people in tiers based on overall application and when the application was turned in. Once the first wave responds, they'll count spots and send out another batch or so and then lastly the waitlist. 

Edited by tine

• 2 weeks later...

I received my acceptance letter on Saturday  2/20/16 by mail. It was dated 2/17/16. I applied for the 2 year Administration program. I am soo excited! 

For those who haven't heard back just be patient! It happened when I least expected it! 

Goodluck!! :) 

Guest histraveler

Hey everyone! I'm waiting to hear back from SDSU and I'm pretty much going crazy over here. On the 18th I received an email from them saying my decision desk application had been updated with my scores and transcript. How long after did any of you find out you either got accepted and denied from the program?