Any OB (Organizational Behavior) PhD applicant this year?

Hello guys, 

I recently applied to OB PhD programs and in the process of waiting for interviews/admission results. Haven't seen a forum page for OB applicants (let me know if there is already one!) and thought I'd just open up a new thread to share information.

Is there anyone who already received interview offers or admission results (reject/admit)? 

I am applying to OB programs, Management programs with OB faculty, and I-O Ph.D. programs. I have scheduled phone interviews for UCF Management, Florida State OB/HR, and Auburn I-O. So far those are the only three I have heard from.

Edited by aqueousmelodies

• 2 weeks later...

I had an on-campus interview at UCF Management last week. I am scheduled to for in-person interviews at FSU OB/HR and  VCU Management (OB/HR). Still haven't heard back from Alabama or Auburn Management. I received an offer from the University of Tulsa I-O Ph.D. last week. 

On 2/9/2016 at 9:31 PM, eternallyephemeral said:

Cool thanks for letting us know! I thought I heard they don't interview, but maybe I was wrong/that was another school.

That was my impression, too. But apparently they have a visit day for their top candidates. I know of someone two years ago who was on the wait list and had an informal interview

Anybody have any information about OB/Management applications for Harvard, MIT, INSEAD, LBS, Duke, Michigan St., Yale, or Columbia?

I applied to 17 programs so I've heard from a bunch but nothing from these. Some of my friends have interviewed with some (Harvard, INSEAD, LBS, Duke) in strategy but I haven't heard anything about the OB side.

17 minutes ago, eshardlow said:

Anybody have any information about OB/Management applications for Harvard, MIT, INSEAD, LBS, Duke, Michigan St., Yale, or Columbia?

I applied to 17 programs so I've heard from a bunch but nothing from these. Some of my friends have interviewed with some (Harvard, INSEAD, LBS, Duke) in strategy but I haven't heard anything about the OB side.

I know people who have interviews for OB/Management scheduled at Columbia, NYU, LBS, Kellogg.  Last year HBS extended offers before NYU. I was told INSEAD often makes exploding offers by mid March. 

7 hours ago, redmowglee said:

That was my impression, too. But apparently they have a visit day for their top candidates. I know of someone two years ago who was on the wait list and had an informal interview

Makes sense! I don't expect that I got in since I saw some people got interviews or waitlisted for NYU in the past few days.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, stormparade said:

Question for you guys -- I'm interested in OB programs. Are Management programs the same with a different name, or do they have differences? Thanks.

Management programs typically include both OB and Strategy (and sometimes Entrepreneurship as well). They may have some collaboration in those areas, whereas a strictly OB program is less likely to have any influence from Strategy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...