So what are YOU stress eating???

sjoh197

So other than the usual stove top olive oil popcorn that I typically stress munch... I've been branching out to slightly more healthy option, and some not so healthy options. Today it was a 3.5lb shoulder roast with potatoes and homemade gravy. 

12418788_683622491779871_5999474953923721913_o.jpg

Edited by sjoh197

My brother bought me a bunch of chocolate truffles for Christmas; vendors at my work have been sending a bunch of stuff for holidays (fruit cake, chocolate, and the like); and my boss has left a huge box of chocolate on my desk, so, mostly just consuming an unnatural amount of chocolate.

Nothing, which is not a problem I usually have. I've been nauseated for over a week. That's not stopping me from drinking plenty of coffee (during the day) and wine (evening) though.

I knew I needed to get SOME fuel in my body today so I had a protein shake.

It's not good.

2 hours ago, phillyhed said:

Nothing, which is not a problem I usually have. I've been nauseated for over a week. That's not stopping me from drinking plenty of coffee (during the day) and wine (evening) though.

I knew I needed to get SOME fuel in my body today so I had a protein shake.

It's not good.

Do you think the nausea is from anxiety? There was a period of time where my stomach constantly felt like it was "sinking" because of my anxiety, and I simply had no appetite/was nauseated pretty much all the time. 

I ended up learning that I could eat while nauseated without throwing up. So that helped me a lot, knowing that I could just make myself eat when I wasn't hungry/was nauseated. 

I hope your nausea goes away!! 

I can't eat wheat, alcohol sugars, and have gerd which limits my intake of coffee, citrus, tomato, fats and so on.... So nausea is a common occurrence on this end. Even if its anxious nausea, you could try asking your doctor for a script of higher dose prilosec or nexium. It would help you feel better.

13 hours ago, Neist said:

That is... the biggest container of nutella. I've ever seen.

There are no words. :) 

Just over 6.5 pounds of Nutella right there! Of course, it's not the only thing I'm eating, but I've put a considerable dent in it since submitting my applications haha.

15 hours ago, gingin6789 said:

Do you think the nausea is from anxiety? There was a period of time where my stomach constantly felt like it was "sinking" because of my anxiety, and I simply had no appetite/was nauseated pretty much all the time. 

I ended up learning that I could eat while nauseated without throwing up. So that helped me a lot, knowing that I could just make myself eat when I wasn't hungry/was nauseated. 

I hope your nausea goes away!! 

Oh, the nausea is DEFINITELY anxiety! I make myself eat every day. I just don't have a desire. On the upside, I've lost 3 lbs.

4 minutes ago, phillyhed said:

Oh, the nausea is DEFINITELY anxiety! I make myself eat every day. I just don't have a desire. On the upside, I've lost 3 lbs.

That sounds like me five years ago! It was awful. I hope you get your appetite back soon and the nausea goes away. If you need anyone to vent to, I'm here! 

22 hours ago, rosali said:

This.

Photo on 1-19-16 at 6.15 PM.jpg

I always felt guilty for that time I finished a 26 oz jar of Nutella in 4 days one summer (I was running a LOT, plus it went so well with everything...apples, strawberries, toast......) and my gf still won't let me forget it. Until now! :D 

@gelologist Haha I've used it for baking (Nutella microwave cake is surprisingly good drunk food), but when I'm stressed/too busy to make real food, I eat a nice big spoonful. I also go for it on bread/fruit/whatever. It's surprisingly good with clementines. Also, I have no shame when it comes to things I like eating. :)