MSW - SJSU Fall 2016

HopflSW

On 4/7/2016 at 2:03 PM, Kristen Kay said:

I received an acceptance offer at 12:40pm today via e-mail from Dr. Wall for the Online program.  I have already e-mailed my intent to enroll, and am looking forward to connecting with other future students in this cohort!  :)

Congrats @Kristen Kay!! I am also doing the online program. Lets connect :)

On 4/5/2016 at 2:57 PM, LoveMSW2016 said:

Does anyone know if there are scholarships other than the stipends that we could apply for at SJSU?

HI @LoveMSW2016, i know they have a bulletin outside the social work office with some scholarships posted. I was planning to stop by sometime this week to take a look. My coworker is also giving me some info about them. Once I have those I can pass on.

On April 7, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Kristen Kay said:

I received an acceptance offer at 12:40pm today via e-mail from Dr. Wall for the Online program.  I have already e-mailed my intent to enroll, and am looking forward to connecting with other future students in this cohort!  :)

I was wondering, has your sjsu status changed? 

4 minutes ago, Mesanta said:

I was wondering, has your sjsu status changed? 

@ Mesanta thank you for checking up on the scholarships info. Let me know if you found any good ones.

The status on MySJSU changed to Accepted:Classified. I also received by mail the Admit Letter and I also submitted my intent to enroll.

1 hour ago, LoveMSW2016 said:

For those who have not heard back, have you tried contacting the director of the program and plead your case?

idk if we can since we haven't technically been rejected yet. I plan on doing so if that's the case when it's official. 

3 hours ago, LoveMSW2016 said:

@ Mesanta thank you for checking up on the scholarships info. Let me know if you found any good ones.

The status on MySJSU changed to Accepted:Classified. I also received by mail the Admit Letter and I also submitted my intent to enroll.

Interesting, mine has yet to be updated. I emailed director just to make sure, he said I should hear from university soon though :) At least I have peace of mind he received my intent to enroll email.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:09 AM, Mesanta said:

Congrats @Kristen Kay!! I am also doing the online program. Lets connect :)

@Mesanta So exciting!  And thank-you :). I would love to connect.  I am still waiting on my "MYSJSU" to update to show accepted, as well as waiting on the email from the University with Intent to Enroll instructions. Now comes the part of searching for scholarships!

@seaotter if you have already emailed your intent to enroll; you should soon receive by mail the Admit Letter with instruction to officially submit your intent to enroll  and to sign up for orientation in the university website.  My Admit Letter came about 2-3 weeks after I'd responded via email.

On 4/13/2016 at 4:50 PM, Kristen Kay said:

@Mesanta So exciting!  And thank-you :). I would love to connect.  I am still waiting on my "MYSJSU" to update to show accepted, as well as waiting on the email from the University with Intent to Enroll instructions. Now comes the part of searching for scholarships!

I can give you my email in private msg as soon as I find how to send it on this thing...haha. BTW, I checked my SJSU account and it has been updated to ACCEPTED: CLASSIFIED GRADUATE. You might want to check yours, if not it should come in soon! :)

20 hours ago, seaotter said:

@Mesanta Hi there - can I ask you when you received your letter? I haven't received mine :( 

I saw today my sjsu account changed to accepted:classified graduate. I was accepted to the program last Tuesday. Not sure when I will be receiving the letter though

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, vnssmsw16 said:

hey guys!! I got my acceptance friday morning to the on campus program! 

Congratulations! we should meet up. I've signed up for the 1 PM orientation, hope to see you and others there.

46 minutes ago, LoveMSW2016 said:

Congratulations! we should meet up. I've signed up for the 1 PM orientation, hope to see you and others there.

AHH Thank you!!!I haven't received anything regarding orientation though-do you know when we are supposed to get it and when the orientation date is?

On April 19, 2016 at 11:12 PM, lbalt92 said:

Reviewing applications and notifying people still

@lbalt92You should email the coordinator, I emailed to see if they had looked over my application because I wanted to be considered for the title IV-E stipend and then two days later I got the email!

42 minutes ago, lbalt92 said:

I emailed them both and they said I should hear back soon. But I don't think I got in :/ at this point

Did they say when the latest date would be for notifying people? I'm also waiting to hear back :( maybe we will be one of the last lucky few!

28 minutes ago, Desirae said:

Did they say when the latest date would be for notifying people? I'm also waiting to hear back :( maybe we will be one of the last lucky few!

I believe this week. I got a response yesterday saying I'd find out the status of my application "shortly". I hope so. I want to appeal if not, but I don't know how to go about that.