GRE Test taker ,especially for Green Card holders

pen2009

If your green card is expired and you have a letter from Department of Homeland and Security (DHS) stating that your green card is extended for another one year (Because you are in the process of renewal the new card), don't use this letter and green card alone present at the testing center. They do not accept the letter from DHS. I did not know about this. They did not allow me to take the test on yesterday. not only I lost $195 but also my chance to apply for school at the end of this month. I called Prometic and ETS. They just said it is clearly said in the ETS website about identification requirement. I just felt miserable. Another problem is on August 2015, they allowed me to use my employee id along with green card. However, this time they said the employer id is not accepted. I understand that in the ETS website also said that employee ID is invalid, but why it is valid last time in the same testing center. Where is the standard rule? I don't know what to do next, have been studying hard but could not take the test...... and lost money