I am applying to the Master of Public Policy at U of T and also the Political Management program at Carleton. My GPA is not amazing 3.35 with a joint honours BA in history and poli sci. I have pretty good references though as well as resume and background experience (including extracurriculars) in terms of volunteering. My professional experience is alright. I've yet to write my letter of intent. 

What are my chances of getting into either? I was also thinking of applying to Carleton's Public Policy and Admin program but don't know if I'll bother as I won't have enough time to write a good letter of intent most probably. 

Edited by Sammyboy01

well the u of t mpp program is a very competitive program and when applying to any school a A- is a get, but given your background meaning your resume and volunteer experience your chances are un-known and i think you should still apply because you could get in. this is a neutral reply but i hope it helps

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Sammyboy01 said:

HI tyedye!

I got accepted to the MPP a few days ago! :)

Thanks for the reply!

Waoh, congrats. Still waiting on uoft, I'm kinda in the same shoe as you but im an international applicant, so i think that might work against me tho, since there is limited space for international students. Anyways, congrats again.

On 16/03/2016 at 10:26 AM, Du said:

Waoh, congrats. Still waiting on uoft, I'm kinda in the same shoe as you but im an international applicant, so i think that might work against me tho, since there is limited space for international students. Anyways, congrats again.

Hey Du, I thought I'd share this piece of information with you (and because you gave me positive reputation ;)):

On the MPP website for U of T, " The first round of Offers of Admission for our 2016 Master of Public Policy Program (MPP) were released on March 14, 2016. Subsequent rounds will continue until the end of April, when we anticipate our incoming 2016 MPP program cohort will be completed. Please note that offers of admission to international applicants will be sent the week of March 28, 2016. All applicants to the 2016 MPP Program will receive a notification e-mail response from SPPG by Friday, April. 29, 2016.

So international applicants are notified March 28th onward!! :D

Best,

U of T student 

1 minute ago, U of T student said:

Hey Du, I thought I'd share this piece of information with you (and because you gave me positive reputation ;)):

On the MPP website for U of T, " The first round of Offers of Admission for our 2016 Master of Public Policy Program (MPP) were released on March 14, 2016. Subsequent rounds will continue until the end of April, when we anticipate our incoming 2016 MPP program cohort will be completed. Please note that offers of admission to international applicants will be sent the week of March 28, 2016. All applicants to the 2016 MPP Program will receive a notification e-mail response from SPPG by Friday, April. 29, 2016.

So international applicants are notified March 28th onward!! :D

Best,

U of T student 

Thanks, they actually updated the international part of the info after I emailed them to ask when they'll get back to us. I got tired of their silence, the lady actually told me the week of 21/28, but i guess 28 since thats what they have on their website. The wait is just extremely tiring.^_^

2 minutes ago, Du said:

Thanks, they actually updated the international part of the info after I emailed them to ask when they'll get back to us. I got tired of their silence, the lady actually told me the week of 21/28, but i guess 28 since thats what they have on their website. The wait is just extremely tiring.^_^

Oh tell me about it, please don't hesitate to PM me to rant lol. I didn't hear back until today and I literally thought I got rejected because the offers went out last Monday for non international students. :( Please get accepted, Toronto is a beautiful city, you'll love it!! :D

Edited by U of T student

4 minutes ago, U of T student said:

Oh tell me about it, please don't hesitate to PM me to rant lol. I didn't hear back until today and I literally thought I got rejected because the offers went out last Monday for non international students. :( Please get accepted, Toronto is a beautiful city, you'll love it!! :D

I know the feeling, exactly why i was glad when i saw your post that you've been accepted. I can imagine the joy and ease you must have felt when you got the email. Anyways, i do hope i get accepted, i feel welcomed already:rolleyes::D

2 minutes ago, U of T student said:

Yes very much so!! :D You are welcomed ;) You get accepted and I could be your tour guide to Toronto and study buddy!! 

Yipee, i would love that. Thanks, i hope uoft welcomes me as well:)

• 2 weeks later...
On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 10:07 AM, Sammyboy01 said:

HI tyedye!

I got accepted to the MPP a few days ago! :)

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry just seeing g this now. Congrats where did you get in?