Fall 2016 - Master of Health Informatics University of Toronto / Master of Science in eHealth McMaster University

bluejays

Hello,

Anyone apply to the Master of Health Informatic program at the University of Toronto or the Master of Science in eHealth program at McMaster University for the Fall 2016 semester. If so, feel free to share your statistics. Please also indicate any communication you have received from the institutions including request for interviews, acceptances, and rejections. 

I personally applied to both programs with a 3.35 cumulative GPA and 3.7 in my final two years with two years of work experience. My first choice will be UFT. 

Good luck everyone!

Edited by bluejays

• 2 weeks later...

i applied to both of those as well...my gpa is between b+ to A depending on what courses they take into account(dont have the exact numbers on me at the moment) I didn't receive any communication. Mac said that they usually start sending out letters in mid feb and uft said early spring...so idk what means to be exact. I am hoping for MAC because of the longer internship and its close to me. I know mac extended their deadline three times. Jan 31 was the last one. Idk what that mean(hopefully it means they didn't get enough applications) LOL but yeah i dont think we will hear anything until 2-4 weeks. Its frustrating because there is not a lot of information out there about these program

did you hear anything? did u apply to the thesis or course based program at Mac?

Mid February for results from Mac? Wow that's pretty soon. I would imagine that would be letting us know an interview date for the behavioural interview. I haven't heard anything yet but its too soon considering the application deadline just closed on Sunday. In terms of the extension of the deadline, I would hope it's due to a low number of applications received lol. I applied to the course-based program at Mac. McMaster will look at the relevant upper year (third and fourth year courses) in GPA calculation. That again is not specific to which courses.

With UFT, I have been told we would hear about an interview in early March and offers would be handed out towards the end of March/early April. 

Keep me posted!

Yea mid Feb to march is when we might hear of interviews. I applied to the thesis program even tough I don't have much research background just because of the more funding. If they feel that you are a good fit but dont have research experience, they automatically put people in the course based program.Have a background in health care administration and software.Actually Mac looks at your final year so if in your final year you have couple of electives...they also take them into account...that's what I have been told by people. Some programs at Mac only look at specofic level courses or specific courses, however those programs clearly state that on app page. By last year they usually mean 10 courses.

Can't do anything but wait now...Fingers crossed

Wonderful! Yeah just need to wait it out and hope for the best! I've had my transcript assessed by Mac prior to applying. They selected relevant 3rd and 4th year courses for the calculation of my GPA. Let's hope that's how the admission committee looks at it as it would increase my GPA.

Hey

I also applied to University Of Toronto for Masters In Health Informatics and Mcmaster Ehealth. I was kinda annoyed by the fact that Mcmaster extended their deadline for the Ehealth application . I'm getting nervous now Just gotta hope for the best. 

• 3 weeks later...

I applied to McMaster eHealth as well, and the coordinator emailed me January 19th and said she will be sending out interviews in the next few following weeks...I'm assuming that changed since the deadline was extended. I also applied to MPH at Mcmaster, Guelph, Queens and McGill...haven't heard anything yet though. 

59 minutes ago, musicfreak said:

I applied to McMaster eHealth as well, and the coordinator emailed me January 19th and said she will be sending out interviews in the next few following weeks...I'm assuming that changed since the deadline was extended. I also applied to MPH at Mcmaster, Guelph, Queens and McGill...haven't heard anything yet though. 

just saw your forum post that u got into mcgill. Congrats, i am assuming you will be accepting? and hopefully creating more spaces for us @ MAC LOL

Thanks! I won't accept McGill until I find out from Guelph about whether I got in there. That program is more geared towards my interests. But between ehealth at Mac and public health at McGill I'll be going with McGill :) Good luck everyone!

congrats...i havent heard any anything abt any of the schools. i am seriously considering that my gpa might not be high enough...might have to repeat some courses and apply again next year

Edited by Dwabtit

Hello  i  also applied for MHI in U of T and E health science in MAC.

I am an immigrant with south overseas education background

Yet to listen from them.Called MAC yesterday.The grad assistant after confirming my name told my file is still with the admission committee.Friday is the deadline for the admission committee after that they will start contacting student

Please share the updates if you have any

I heard from McMaster about an hour ago. The email said I have potential to be admitted and they will contact me shortly to arrange an interview time.

I applied to McMaster's Master of Science in eHealth in the Computer Science specialization (course-based), Western University's Master of Health Information Sciences, and University of Toronto's Master of Information. I didn't apply to UofT's Health Informatics program (didn't feel if I could claim my arts degree to be relevant enough) but I have been accepted into their Master of Information program, though, so I'm excited about that.

21 hours ago, Salster said:

I heard from McMaster about an hour ago. The email said I have potential to be admitted and they will contact me shortly to arrange an interview time.

I applied to McMaster's Master of Science in eHealth in the Computer Science specialization (course-based), Western University's Master of Health Information Sciences, and University of Toronto's Master of Information. I didn't apply to UofT's Health Informatics program (didn't feel if I could claim my arts degree to be relevant enough) but I have been accepted into their Master of Information program, though, so I'm excited about that.

i would accept the uft offer instead mac tbh...way better alumni network and reputation

41 minutes ago, Dwabtit said:

i would accept the uft offer instead mac tbh...way better alumni network and reputation

Hi Dwabtit, did you  hear anything  from Mcmaster or U of T?or you have anything new to share?