Late GRE and application deadlines

redadeco

Hi all,

I just took the GRE today and I'm applying for 4 schools (2 have Jan 31st deadline and the other two Feb 15th), so all I know at this stage is my quantitative and verbal scores. The application forms ask for the percentile for each in addition to the analytical writing part (these will be known in 10 days). I chose to report my score to all 4 universities right after the end of the GRE.

Please advise what I can do. 

Thank you!

Hi,

Most applications will ask you to self-report, but it is optional.  Schools are usually aware that you might not know your exact scores and are more interested in the official score report.  You'll probably be asked to enter the date you took the GRE, so they should be able to see how recent it was.  Unfortunately, if you don't know it, you're going to have to leave it blank.  If the box will allow you to enter text, you could try writing "unknown."  Otherwise, you could email the departments to let them know.  Engineering programs are probably most interested in your quantitative score, anyway.

Hope that helps!