NYU - Fall 2016

Opt4theBest

On 2/7/2016 at 7:00 PM, Opt4theBest said:

Also, I have been stalking the School's event calendar (https://events.nyu.edu/#view/all/search/msw)and this is what I've found:

TUESDAY, MARCH 8
2:00pm - 3:00pm

TUESDAY, MARCH 8

[ map ]
6:00pm - 7:30pm EST At 1 Washington Square North, New York , NY 10003 (Parlor Room)

Thus, I am pretty sure that all NYU applicants should be notified of the decision BEFORE end of February. 

If it helps, I requested an extension on the deadline I was required to accept, and they gave me this response:

"We're hoping all decisions can be finalized by Friday, March 11.  If you find you haven't received the information you need by then, please let us know and we can discuss further.  Thank you."

I think I might've given some incorrect information earlier in this thread. Whenever you receive the Welcome from the Dean email, you should get an acceptance/rejection letter around a week after that. My letter from the dean came on the 28th, I was accepted the 4th. The introduction to the admissions office email came on the 18th. Good luck!! 

11 hours ago, BrendonSW said:

I think I might've given some incorrect information earlier in this thread. Whenever you receive the Welcome from the Dean email, you should get an acceptance/rejection letter around a week after that. My letter from the dean came on the 28th, I was accepted the 4th. The introduction to the admissions office email came on the 18th. Good luck!! 

@BrendonSW Thanks for the additional information. I think NYU has thrown their system out the window at this point. I received the "Welcome from the Dean at NYU" email on the last day of January and still nothing. I am expecting some news by the end of this week. I'm curious about something. Do they send out rejection letters via email as well? I remembered reading some schools send out acceptances via email and rejections via snail mail.

2 hours ago, FT-Grad2016 said:

@BrendonSW Thanks for the additional information. I think NYU has thrown their system out the window at this point. I received the "Welcome from the Dean at NYU" email on the last day of January and still nothing. I am expecting some news by the end of this week. I'm curious about something. Do they send out rejection letters via email as well? I remembered reading some schools send out acceptances via email and rejections via snail mail.

I'm sure they're behind based on how many applications they received. But not sure about rejection letters. I'd assume they'd come through email but who knows. Let's not find out. :-) 

7 minutes ago, aramirez said:

@MSW768 they sent me an email this morning which talked about the Greenwich Village and the admissions office. Have you received anything? 

I got that same email on Sunday! And nothing since then. Still no email on if I've been admitted 

3 minutes ago, aramirez said:

lol... they are such a tease, when I woke up I actually thought it was their decision letter lol

I know that was the third email I received from admissions and each time my heart drops thinking its a decision letter! Hopefully the next email we get from them will be it 

1 minute ago, MSW768 said:

I know that was the third email I received from admissions and each time my heart drops thinking its a decision letter! Hopefully the next email we get from them will be it 

Hopefully! *** fingers crossed*** Did you apply for the regular two year MSW program?

1 minute ago, aramirez said:

Hopefully! *** fingers crossed*** Did you apply for the regular two year MSW program?

Fingers crossed! The wait is driving me crazy :blink: and yes I did. How about you?

2 minutes ago, MSW768 said:

Fingers crossed! The wait is driving me crazy :blink: and yes I did. How about you?

Yes I applied to the regular 2 year program too. Are you currently in undergrad or are you out of school?

I got my NYU acceptance letter today! I was getting ready to leave for the day and turn off my monitors. Luckily I looked at them and I had an email with the subject "Your decision letter." I guess I was right about getting it when we least expect it. What a long long journey...even though it was only a couple of weeks. Now to await the funding email!

6 minutes ago, FT-Grad2016 said:

I got my NYU acceptance letter today! I was getting ready to leave for the day and turn off my monitors. Luckily I looked at them and I had an email with the subject "Your decision letter." I guess I was right about getting it when we least expect it. What a long long journey...even though it was only a couple of weeks. Now to await the funding email!

Congrats! What time was your email sent ?

15 minutes ago, FT-Grad2016 said:

Hey FT-Grad2016, I am so so happy for you.

See? You must be positive. Congratulations!