Loma Linda Interviews

Hello fellow applicants, 

So Loma Linda said they would inform applicants regarding the interviews by the end of Jan, but I haven't received anything yet. Has anyone received anything or has any idea when we should expect to hear ? Since I am an international applicant I have no idea about hoe the program "actually" is, any insights are welcome.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, bomstarz said:

http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=speech&t=a&pp=250

hey! Looks like people got e-mails about interviews on the 27th. You should call the school tomorrow and confirm though. 

Hey! Thanks for the info, I'll get in touch with them. 

I see you applied there as well, what were your reasons for applying ? Did you get notified for the interview?

Oh that's nice. I have an average GRE score (304 :( ) and Loma Linda does not require GRE, so I figured it would be good to apply. I have emailed them, I hope the fact that I haven't heard from yet does not mean that I have been rejected.  

Hey and don't be afraid to e-mail and call everyday if you have to. I heard a lot of admissions people forget to reply because they're just so busy during this time of the year. I hope you hear good news! 

15 minutes ago, bomstarz said:

Hey and don't be afraid to e-mail and call everyday if you have to. I heard a lot of admissions people forget to reply because they're just so busy during this time of the year. I hope you hear good news! 

I guess that's what I am going to do now. Thank you :) I'll keep you posted! 

All the best for your interview!!  

32 minutes ago, slp2be93 said:

does anyone know how many applicants they interview!? i got one here and i am curious to see how much of a decision they will be making with these interviews.

I'm flying to CA from Michigan because I didn't want to lose my spot. I heard that skipping the interview takes you off their list? Although I don't know how accurate this is. 

1 hour ago, slp2be93 said:

also i wasnt asking about skipping, i was asking about HOW MANY they interview...just to see our chances. Ya know :) ?

Haha makes sense! I'm actually super excited to go to Cali this weekend and check out the campus :) 

Edited by bomstarz
Spelling

On 2/3/2016 at 10:09 PM, bomstarz said:

I'm flying to CA from Michigan because I didn't want to lose my spot. I heard that skipping the interview takes you off their list? Although I don't know how accurate this is. 

I've heard this is pretty true across grad programs. Unfortunately, it seems that schools consider you not visiting for an interview to be a sign of "lack of serious commitment." If you can scrape together the money for the visit, it is probably worth it. 

1 hour ago, mcamp said:

I've heard this is pretty true across grad programs. Unfortunately, it seems that schools consider you not visiting for an interview to be a sign of "lack of serious commitment." If you can scrape together the money for the visit, it is probably worth it. 

That's not always necessary! I am currently in my clinical practicum (not always offered in undergrad programs), and I am committed to my patients/clients in the field of speech pathology. Just because I can't fly out, doesn't mean I am not committed to the program. If you have classes to attend as well, it doesn't look bad. It shows you are committed to your coursework, which is what a faculty member actually told me. :) Good luck to all of us on the journey through the waiting process!!

21 hours ago, slp2be93 said:

That's not always necessary! I am currently in my clinical practicum (not always offered in undergrad programs), and I am committed to my patients/clients in the field of speech pathology. Just because I can't fly out, doesn't mean I am not committed to the program. If you have classes to attend as well, it doesn't look bad. It shows you are committed to your coursework, which is what a faculty member actually told me. :) Good luck to all of us on the journey through the waiting process!!

Good point. I'm missing therapy with two of my practicum kiddies for this interview... Love your commitment :) 

On February 13, 2016 at 1:16 PM, slp2be93 said:

How did everyone's interview go!?

This year was similar to previous years. They gave us an hour to write an essay-- this year's prompt was about our interpretations of success. 

Then we had to work together to pick 4 items to survive being shipwrecked.

• 2 weeks later...

same! it was very strange compared to other interviews. I don't know how they would really get to know us by that type of an interview, besides communication skills. do you know how (email/mail/phone) and when do we hear back!?

3 hours ago, slp2be93 said:

same! it was very strange compared to other interviews. I don't know how they would really get to know us by that type of an interview, besides communication skills. do you know how (email/mail/phone) and when do we hear back!?

I think they use our statement of purpose to try to get to know us.  And then I think for the interview they were more focused on how we interact with strangers when thrown into a situation where we need to work together.  My interviewers also gave us time to give a little intro about ourselves or ask questions so those were other areas they took notes on.

I think we'll hear by email but I do not know for certain, it should be happening pretty soon though I'd think.  Good luck to everyone :)

I received an email yesterday. I was placed on the alternate list. I'm not sure if that's the same thing as a wait list. Hell, better than a rejection. Trying to remain positive during this brutal waiting game. 

I did too same thing alternate/wait list.  Has anyone been accepted?  I am hoping a friend of mine got in, she said in the past they send out the alternate list first via email and acceptances snail mail...I'm hoping she is right and might have gotten in!