Bush School Interview

pcr14

I received my Bush School Interview notification yesterday. Does anyone know what kind of questions are asked at the Master of International Affairs interview? Also, any idea on what the writing assignment consists of? 

I had two years ago but there was no writing assignment sort of requirement, as I recall. I don't know however, if they had different set of requirements for the in-person participants and those contacted via Skype. Or if they have changed that requirement altogether now. I was interviewed via Skype and the questions ranged from my interest in public service and relevant experience to career goals at the most. I clearly lacked in two three aspects and unsurprisingly received a rejection letter after a week or so following the interview.

Applied again this year for MIA program and awaiting call for interview. Are you going to attend in person or doing it on Skype? 

A writing assignment is listed in their description of the Interview Conference. It is possible that it wasn't required for the Skype interview. Thank you for the information about the questions asked! That definitely gives a better sense of what to expect. I haven't yet decided which interview to do, but am considering attending in person.

18 minutes ago, pcr14 said:

A writing assignment is listed in their description of the Interview Conference. It is possible that it wasn't required for the Skype interview. Thank you for the information about the questions asked! That definitely gives a better sense of what to expect. I haven't yet decided which interview to do, but am considering attending in person.

Attending in-person is ideal and should be preferred over Skype call unless of course one is an International student and Visa and transportation costs are real worries. Good luck with the conference and finally the odds of acceptance.