Who wrote your letters of recommendation?

jmk

Who wrote your letters of recommendation?   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wrote your letters of recommendation?

• CD professor
    • Professor- other
    • SLP
    • AuD
    • Volunteer Coordinator
    • Employer
    • Other

Hi, 

I am curious as to whom you all asked for your academic and clinical letters of recommendation. 

If extra time: 

-For the format of a school asking for 3 letters, did you do two academic and one clinical, or a different combination? 

-How many letters did you ask from each letter writer? 

-How did you decide who to ask for your letters? 

-Did you feel pressure to have a letter from an SLP, or did you use a letter from an employer or volunteer coordinator? 

I actually had 3 academic and one clinical (SLP I volunteered under).  One of my schools wanted 3 professors, and clinical recommendations were a bonus (but not a substitute.)  I chose three CD professors whose classes I had done very well in (high As), and that I had shown more than just my ability to turn assignments in on time.  For instance, I was a group leader for our group project for one professor's class.  I only applied to 2 programs, and was considering a third, so I asked for 3 letters tops (not all schools wanted 3 or 4 recommendations, one only wanted 2).  I had a letter from an SLP, who was the supervisor for my volunteer position, but I didn't have any other good options.  I'd been out of school for about 4 years before start my prerequisites/2nd bachelor's, so the recent volunteer supervisor was my best choice for a clinical recommendation letter.

I hope this helps!