Princeton/ Interview for PhD in NES

minewisad

Hello! I just got an email informing me that I'm shortlisted for the NES program at Princeton. I am also invited to visit the campus, meet the professors, being interviewed and other examinations. The thing is that I don't live in the US and it's too much of hassle to make this interview, the most importantly I need a visa. Does anyone have any experience with similar cases? May my chance reduce significantly if I wouldn't be able to make the interview? Of course, I will write the department and ask for alternatives, but wondering if any of you have any personal story. Thank you in advance : )

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 6:10 PM, minewisad said:

Hello! I just got an email informing me that I'm shortlisted for the NES program at Princeton. I am also invited to visit the campus, meet the professors, being interviewed and other examinations. The thing is that I don't live in the US and it's too much of hassle to make this interview, the most importantly I need a visa. Does anyone have any experience with similar cases? May my chance reduce significantly if I wouldn't be able to make the interview? Of course, I will write the department and ask for alternatives, but wondering if any of you have any personal story. Thank you in advance : )

It seems odd that they'd expect you for an interview if you live in another country, but you can always ask to Skype. It'd say it's a good indication either way, because Princeton's NES doesn't invite for interviews often.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2016 at 4:40 AM, minewisad said:

I got shortlisted for the MA program. Same problem with the interview but they were very accommodating. Offered to take a skype-interview as an alternative.