University of Tennessee

futurevol

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, futurevol said:

They still haven't updated my checklist with my LORs even though I know they got them :(

They didn't update mine either on the checklist either. I emailed J. Scagnelli and she confirmed their receipt on Jan 12 and indicated they would review my app in "a few weeks"

38 minutes ago, TigerMem said:

Have you called or emailed them to confirm? 

Yes, Jen emailed me a few weeks ago saying they hadn't received one of them, so my third reference emailed the form in a few days later.

On February 18, 2016 at 2:18 PM, TigerMem said:

Just received my acceptance letter today. 

Congrats to you! Was it via mail or email? What campus did you apply to? I've applied to Nashville Extended study program. 

Edited by waattmore

1 hour ago, waattmore said:

Congrats to you! Was it via mail or email? What campus did you apply to? I've applied to Nashville Extended study program. 

Via email. 

I applied to the Knoxville Online program. 

I'm pretty sure J. Scagnelli said that applications were being answered in order received and it took about 3 weeks from the date I submitted my application, for me to receive the decision letter. Not sure if this applies to the Nashville program too, but good luck!

8 hours ago, TigerMem said:

Via email. 

I applied to the Knoxville Online program. 

I'm pretty sure J. Scagnelli said that applications were being answered in order received and it took about 3 weeks from the date I submitted my application, for me to receive the decision letter. Not sure if this applies to the Nashville program too, but good luck!

Thank you!! I know Nashville apps were sent in a batch in January and am guessing there was also one sent after Feb 1st date. Nashville administrators and professors select the Nashville people and then I assume J. Scagnelli will email us. Hope to hear next week! Congrats again to you!

I'm also waiting to hear. I applied to the Knoxville on-campus 2-year program. It's been about a month since I submitted. 

Not as anxious to hear back from this school since I won't get in-state, but it would be nice to get the ball rolling one way or the other.

Good luck all! 

Applications are sent to Knoxville, but the distance education program is actually through the Nashville campus. The distance education program has the same staff and professors as the Nashville campus and that is where you graduate although you can request to graduate in Knoxville instead.

@waattmore No :( I even emailed Jen to ask if my app was complete (I knew it was but I was hoping she'd give me a hint) but all I got in reply was this:

Hi E,

Your application is complete and in review with the admissions committee.

Jen

:angry:

Edited by futurevol

11 minutes ago, futurevol said:

@waattmore No :( I even emailed Jen to ask if my app was complete (I knew it was but I was hoping she'd give me a hint) but all I got in reply was this:

Hi E,

Your application is complete and in review with the admissions committee.

Jen

:angry:

I feel your pain! The separate admissions committee processes for Knoxville versus Nashville (and possibly advance standing versus 2 year versus extended study) could easily mean different timelines and so we can't really know if it's a bad sign if we haven't heard. I met with someone from Nashville in October and she said if I applied by Christmas, they would notify me by the end of January! But Jen S. confirmed on January 12th that they wouldn't even start review for "a few weeks." I think we are fretting over nothing and should hear within another week or two but when you want something so badly to happen it is natural to read into the absence of a response. Can't wait to hear positive updates from each one of us on this thread soon!! 

3 hours ago, BrendonSW said:

I'm not sure if this helps or not, but I have a friend who applied to the Nashville campus and she received her rejection letter last week. She applied in November, I think. 

I guess that means some Nashville decisions have been made! Thanks for the update. Not sure if it is good news that I haven't heard yet but at least I know they are starting to send info out. Thank you!!!