Eau Claire Distance Applicants

Any fellow Eau Claire Distance applicants out there? What are you doing to pass the time? One professor told me we would hear back beginning of Feb, and another said by the end of Feb. Did you apply to any other programs? I applied to Idaho State, but my first choice is Eau Claire. :) 

Basically, I'm going crazy waiting. ;) I just checked the mail, and nothing today. Judging by the results page, the earliest ones have started arriving later this week the last couple of years. 

I'm applying to two other distance programs, but UWEC is my top choice, so if it comes later this week, that would save me a lot of stress. 

I thought my interview went ok. I think they were mostly getting a feel for it you understood the program and the expectations and were equipped to learn in that environment. Mine wasn't very personal either. Just my impression. :)

Hopefully, we both hear good news soon. 

Well, I take post-bacc classes from them right now, and registration for summer classes begins February 15th. It would make sense that they would let us know before then, but who knows? I live in milwaukee, and the post takes about a day to get here, so I think I'll be one of the first to get a letter if they send them all out at the same time. I know... I'm going nuts waiting. lol. 

3 hours ago, ToshaSLP said:

I just got my acceptance letter! I'm literally in a daze. Hopefully you will get yours soon too!! :D

Congrats!  I hope you love this program as much as I do!  You are in for an exciting journey.  :D

Kelsi-I know people have moved on the wishlist in the past, so there's hope. 

I got my letter today, and I'm ecstatic. UWEC was always my first choice, so I'll be sending in my acceptance tomorrow. 

ToshaSLP-Is there already a FB group for the cohort? 

On February 15, 2016 at 7:53 AM, Kelsi said:

I just found out that I am wait listed for this program. Bittersweet.

I think you still have a chance to get in as well, if not, a wait list is a good sign for admittance next year. They must have thought you were a good fit, I think there were a lot of applications this year. Good luck!! 

On February 13, 2016 at 6:12 PM, smslp said:

Congrats!  I hope you love this program as much as I do!  You are in for an exciting journey.  :D

Thank you! I'm so excited to start this journey!! Do you work along with school? I'd like to complete it in three years, and don't know if keeping my part-time job is feasible along with having a young son that is only in daycare 10 hours a week. 

I do work, full-time actually, as a school-based speech clinician (BS degree grandfathered-in), and have been on and off for 26 years (yep, I'm old ;)).  I believe that one of the requirements of the program is completing it in 3 years, as you have to follow an exact sequence of courses.  Sounds like you are a very busy Mom!  Our cohort has many Moms with young children, some work outside the home, and some don't.  We actually had one new baby born in January, one coming in March, and another in September.  I see that you have a Facebook group set up.  Best thing ever to keep contact with classmates!  We post to each other all the time, daily often.  That moral support, even when you only see each other once per year is invaluable!  I'll be honest, it is a very rigorous and intense program!  I truly love it, but really have to stay focused to keep up working, and then completing the coursework.  As I've posted before, don't let anyone convince you that because it is online it is easier.  It is NOT!  Hard work, but highly engaging material.  Feel free to pm me if you have any specific questions.