Venting Thread

dgswaim

Every admissions cycle needs a place for venting frustrations, emotions, feels, or whatever. This is the place for that. I'll start.

I've been playing this song a lot lately, and loudly. It makes me feel better:

watch?v=8-r-V0uK4u0 

p.s. Is there a better way to post video?

Edited by dgswaim

Thank you for this thread.

I'm just frustrated from all the waiting - everybody's getting at least some sort of response, and I can't reasonable expect anything for another two weeks. I'm past being anxious to get in, at this point. I just want to hear something. My entire future is up in the air and none of my choices are going to relieve my confusion in any timely manner.

I'm taking solace in an assortment of songs at the moment. Here's just one (instrumental, so I don't step on anyone's vocal preferences):

47 minutes ago, dgswaim said:

I suck at technology. Anyway, dis is for all yous guys:

https://youtu.be/V3xiuDhn9dE

Danke! He looks so happily high. 

I'm sad because reddit is down. But happy that this happened: http://nypost.com/2016/02/02/jebs-awkward-plea-to-young-voter-i-want-to-be-your-first/

I had a University reach out to me this morning and tell me that one of my letters hadn't arrived. It was an email mix up since the person has since retired. I fixed the problem but I'm thinking.... maybe this is a good sign? I mean, would they even care to reach out if they weren't remotely interested? 

1 hour ago, psm1580b said:

I had a University reach out to me this morning and tell me that one of my letters hadn't arrived. It was an email mix up since the person has since retired. I fixed the problem but I'm thinking.... maybe this is a good sign? I mean, would they even care to reach out if they weren't remotely interested? 

I figure it means like, atleast you're not in that auto-reject pile, which means you atleast are on the waitlist for the waitlist. Now, to kill your competition.

16 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

I figure it means like, atleast you're not in that auto-reject pile, which means you atleast are on the waitlist for the waitlist. Now, to kill your competition.

On it.

Venting time: UCSB acceptances are in. But UCSB wasn't predicted until early March. Does this mean all our predictions may be void??? My top choice isn't "supposed" to respond until around the same time as UCSB was expected. I might wake up tomorrow with an answer, for all I know! Aaaaaaa!

19 minutes ago, gughok said:

Venting time: UCSB acceptances are in. But UCSB wasn't predicted until early March. Does this mean all our predictions may be void??? My top choice isn't "supposed" to respond until around the same time as UCSB was expected. I might wake up tomorrow with an answer, for all I know! Aaaaaaa!

I would say, as the predictor, "yes" iff Berkeley doesn't come out in the next 5 days or so. 

But also, I got an email a while ago from an applicant telling that they heard from UCSB that they're doing things differently and said they would come out early January...(I got this information after posting the predictions and didn't know if they meant February). But, to be honest as you might already know, our predictions are wildly unreliable since we don't take it super seriously and it depends on so many factors not explicitly discussed. 

2 minutes ago, AnotherKantFan said:

My mum suggested the same - I laughed at her. If I really want to restrain myself from checking my email in a realistic way, I'll make a rule of only checking it once every hour.

Restraining to once an hour or once every two hours works really well. That's what I do to stay on top of the blog, unless I'm working or with my dog. I also have notifications on my phone for my email...which in a way sort of cuts back on how much I look for my personal responses.

2 minutes ago, majorshake said:

If only Chicago would get back to me. Come on guys

I know they're predicted to release acceptances today, but it's kinda late in the day for that, no?

11 minutes ago, MVSCZAR said:

I know they're predicted to release acceptances today, but it's kinda late in the day for that, no?

Yeah, seems like it isn't gonna happen today. 
Unless it has and nobody reported it here. Which might also be the case.

The suspense is killing me. I didn't feel anywhere near this anxious when I was going for my MA (probs because in Australia it depends much more on one's potential supervisor approving the project)

23 minutes ago, majorshake said:

Yeah, seems like it isn't gonna happen today. 
Unless it has and nobody reported it here. Which might also be the case.

I feel like Chicago is the kind of school people would brag about getting into. Or maybe they're all too busy celebrating to post about it on TGC. 

Just now, MVSCZAR said:

I feel like Chicago is the kind of school people would brag about getting into. Or maybe they're all too busy celebrating to post about it on TGC. 

Yeah. I'm hoping for any news. 

In the meantime, I better get back to my MA thesis. 

8 hours ago, metaphysician said:

I decided to make a rule: I am permitted to check my email once a day. It's not working out very well. 

There are surely countless days colocated with this one!

2 hours ago, majorshake said:

If only Chicago would get back to me. Come on guys

Anxiously awaiting Chicago too... I think if they sent out somebody would have posted about it, though. Guess we'll have to sit through the weekend and hope for news on Monday.