George Washington University

Hello GWU applicants!  How are you holding up, now that decisions have started showing up on the survey?  Has anyone here heard back?   For those of you who have heard back, would you mind sharing when you submitted your application?  I know they have rolling admissions, but if anyone can shed some light on how exactly their admission process works, that would be great too.

Hey! I submitted my application in early October, but had to resend my transcripts the last week of December because one of the files wasn't opening for them. I received an email on 2/2 saying that "A decision on your application to the Speech-Language Pathology graduate program has been made." When I logged into my account, I was lucky enough to find an acceptance letter :) Good luck! I hope you hear back soon! 

2 hours ago, joneskellym said:

Hey! I submitted my application in early October, but had to resend my transcripts the last week of December because one of the files wasn't opening for them. I received an email on 2/2 saying that "A decision on your application to the Speech-Language Pathology graduate program has been made." When I logged into my account, I was lucky enough to find an acceptance letter :) Good luck! I hope you hear back soon! 

Congratulations @joneskellym!  Thanks for sharing!  Was GW your first choice?  It must feel great to get that acceptance letter, I hope I get one soon.  I wonder if they'll send out more decisions next week.

P.S. I did USU's 2nd bachelor's.  I wonder if we were in any classes together.  I started January 2014. :)

Thank you @SLPgradstudent! I'm still trying to rank my choices, haha. I am a chronic worrier, so I was just happy to get any acceptance letter. University of Washington is my dream school, but GWU suits me really well, especially because I want to work with wounded veterans and do a thesis involving PTSD and TBI. I definitely believe you will get into GWU. Your credentials are good, so have hope! What other schools did you apply to?

I started in Jan 2014 too! So I am sure we had a few classes together. I wasn't very social on there until my last semester. 

Edited by joneskellym

3 minutes ago, joneskellym said:

Thank you @SLPgradstudent! I'm still trying to rank my choices, haha. I am a chronic worrier, so I was just happy to get any acceptance letter. University of Washington is my dream school, but GWU suit me really well, especially because I want to work with wounded veterans and do a thesis involving PTSD and TBI. I definitely believe you will get into GWU. Your credentials are good, so have hope! What other schools did you apply to?

I started in Jan 2014 too! So I am sure we had a few classes together. I wasn't very social on there until my last semester. 

It's funny how many SLP people I've run into here who have taken classes at USU!

I've only applied to GW & UMD so far, and no news on either front.  I would like to apply to Gallaudet if I can, since the deadline isn't until 2/15, and I just have to polish my SOP.  But I'm not sure I'll be able to get it done with everything else I've got going on right now.  Thanks for the words of encouragement.  I wish I knew when I might hear back.

I hope you get into University of Washington too!  I'm sure it would be a tough choice, but it'd be a great choice to have!!!

Edited by SLPgradstudent
Forgot to say something.