now that the interview season is upon us, lets post the following:

• when you got the invite to the interview
  • where one could find the invite, portal, etc
  • any tips from previous interviews
  • questions that were asked on the interview that can help us

lets do it!

1 hour ago, OverCaffeinated said:

actually did anyone find out the dates?

I think it's listed in the comments section on the application credential status page. Also I noticed you applied to all the Boston schools except Northeastern. any reason why you left that one out? 

2 hours ago, OverCaffeinated said:

actually did anyone find out the dates?

Mine says CD Interview Time and the time and date on the credential status page now. I signed up for Skype, so I don't know if it is there for people who chose the in-person option yet. 

30 minutes ago, sleuths said:

Mine says CD Interview Time and the time and date on the credential status page now. I signed up for Skype, so I don't know if it is there for people who chose the in-person option yet. 

What's your date is it a weekend? 

35 minutes ago, sleuths said:

What do you mean by signed up for skype

3 minutes ago, thefronge said:

What do you mean by signed up for skype

There is a link provided under the credentials after the interview invite! It asked me to select an interview preference. You can choose either an in-person interview, or an interview over skype. 

3 minutes ago, sleuths said:

There is a link provided under the credentials after the interview invite! It asked me to select an interview preference. You can choose either an in-person interview, or an interview over skype. 

Thanks!  Completely missed that earlier.

1 hour ago, nat22 said:

I think it's listed in the comments section on the application credential status page. Also I noticed you applied to all the Boston schools except Northeastern. any reason why you left that one out? 

Hey for the life of me I can't find the dates! Can you just copy and paste for me? 

Also if it wasn't on CSDCAS that might be a reason for it. I tried to apply to schools that were within my interest but also were available on CSDCAS because I didn't wan to overload my referees with a lot of different systems and such 

While it would be nice to know more about the interviews, I don't think it's really fair to ask about the content of the questions that they would ask. And part of an interview is feeling the vibe between people and being able to be personable, too, so I'm not sure that having too much more information would be helpful!

I do suggest everyone practice interviewing, though! Especially if you've never interviewed for a job outside of school before. Interviewing is definitely a skill and it took me a long time to stop feeling awkward about it!

11 hours ago, MrsH said:

Hi! About Emerson, did you guys get an email about the interview, or did you just check? Thanks! Good luck! 

i emailed them and they said the emails will be sent out in a week. i guess once u check portal the email doesnt really matter :/

2 hours ago, CalChi SLP said:

Hello everyone, 

I checked my portal and had my interview information there too. REALLY EXCITED !!!!! How are you'll preparing for it? 

By trying to get people to fess up what was in it last year. Also if u type in Emerson interview in Google you'll get a cool website with sample questions 

Hi, a friend of mine interviewed at Emerson last year and she gave me some info on what to expect. When you get there you sit in a room with the graduate students, then you're called in one at a time for your interview. Interviews are 15 minutes each, three questions. She suggested to make sure you don't talk the entire time because once the time is up you won't have the chance to ask any more questions face to face.