Official Fall 2016 Interview Thread

30 minutes ago, racoomelon said:

It was a nice change, and I think it was a good experience. I'm kind of glad they kept it so short, just because I felt like I was starting to talk in circles. 

I really liked what they told me about UNM's clinical placements. Apparently we get to see a private practice, school-based, and more of a hospital setting. Plus, they have you work with kids and adults, which I was super excited about! 

I didn't talk much about that with them, but I've read about it on their website. It sounds great! I've got lots of experience in school settings (I'm an English teacher), but I'm looking to expand and try out other settings. Plus I like their bilingual program, which is one of the key parts for me since I speak Spanish and work in Mexico at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, mcamp said:

I didn't talk much about that with them, but I've read about it on their website. It sounds great! I've got lots of experience in school settings (I'm an English teacher), but I'm looking to expand and try out other settings. Plus I like their bilingual program, which is one of the key parts for me since I speak Spanish and work in Mexico at the moment. 

That was the only question I really managed to get in haha. That and what they do with students who don't have the BA/BS in the field. 

2 hours ago, racoomelon said:

That was the only question I really managed to get in haha. That and what they do with students who don't have the BA/BS in the field. 

Yeah, I'm in that boat. I'm applying for the 3year leveling program. I asked about the Comunidad Crecer program here in Mexico City - it would be so cool to work with it. 

Is UNM among your top choices? 

14 hours ago, limegreen19 said:

Hey all you Emerson applicants! I just had my Skype interview this afternoon. Nothing to stress about - it was 12 minutes long and at the very beginning of the interview they said they had 15 minutes max. I was interviewed by two faculty members, very friendly, and they asked 3 questions. I'm not going to reveal all of them, but they were personality-based questions and did not involve any clinical knowledge. The last question that threw me off and took me a couple seconds to think about was "If you had a superpower and could change one thing about the world, what would you do and why?" After this, we had only a couple minutes for my questions. I asked them about when to expect a response, and they said within a week. Hope it helps all you guys out there <3 good luck!

Within a week? Oh my god I'm gonna die 

Has anyone on here had an interview with Salus University? If so, how long did it take for them to contact you for an interview after your application was CSDCAS verified? And did you do an in-person interview or skype/phone? Thank you!

Did both my Emerson and Case interviews last week! Really harmless. :) As advice for any upcoming interviewers--really try to view your interviews as conversations instead of an assessment. It really helps with confidence :)

Edited by straybirds

16 hours ago, thefronge said:

Did anyone who interviewed at BU this weekend happen to ask when they'd be sending out decisions?

I didn't, but I kind of wish I did. I really enjoyed the interview and the tours and am eager to hear back...

On February 16, 2016 at 8:56 PM, IAmOneJame said:

I received interview notifications from Syracuse University (phone) & Governors State University today! B)

Like @cosmicmorgan, I'd love to hear more about Governors.

Did you end up going to the Governors State interview? What did you think?

Edited by cosmicmorgan

1 minute ago, BamaBelle said:

I had a skype interview. I wish I had had time to get to Boston though!

That was certainly an interesting question! I'm so glad @limegreen19 posted that before my interview because I would have panicked so hard lol

oh ok, yeah boston was beautiful! :P

i didnt see the post, i only saw it now, and luckily im a huge nerd and i was able to come with  a very academic answer on the spot lol, hope they liked it XD 

2 minutes ago, OverCaffeinated said:

oh ok, yeah boston was beautiful! :P

i didnt see the post, i only saw it now, and luckily im a huge nerd and i was able to come with  a very academic answer on the spot lol, hope they liked it XD 

I'm just ready for decisions now. One year the first one posted came four days after interviews so I am just anxiously counting down

Just now, BamaBelle said:

I'm just ready for decisions now. One year the first one posted came four days after interviews so I am just anxiously counting down

yeah i know the feeling, 

NYU acceptances just came out, so Ive been sitting refreshing my email.... :( 

2 minutes ago, OverCaffeinated said:

yeah i know the feeling, 

NYU acceptances just came out, so Ive been sitting refreshing my email.... :( 

That must be so stressful!! I'm sure they'll be sending decisions out all day. Sending good vibes your way!