SSRC - IDRF 2016

GAK401

Has anyone received a rejection yet? I am now wondering if I ended up submitting or not. There's no confirmation email in my inbox- i do remember submitting- maybe I trashed the confirmation. I am freaking out. Has anyone gotten a rejection? Am I the only one waiting around thinking, well, its definitely a rejection since I didn't get a transcript request?

On February 9, 2016 at 9:17 AM, MinervasOwl said:

oh no!!!! I was thinking if we haven't gotten an email yet, that probably means the rejections are in the snail mail-- this was my second time :( Do you think we still have a chance?

Does the SSRC send transcript requests throughout the whole month of February?

Someone I know got a rejection this week. Someone else I know (a friend who is faculty at another university) said that they saw my name on the list that did make the first round. But I have heard of no transcript request or news yet. How many rounds are there?

I think there are two rounds. I have not heard anything from the SSRC yet. I have some colleagues who have received transcript requests. I wonder why some students get requested to send their transcripts, while others do not. Marathon, you are lucky you have a friend who can update you on the status of your application!

Hello all.  I am curious if anyone else has applied to the SSRC / JSPS Fellowship.  I was offered a nomination, which I accepted, but do not really know what this means.  The coordinator sent back an email thanking me for accepting the award.  It seems like the JSPS (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) has to okay everything, but I have a slight worry that nomination by the SSRC does not guarantee the offer of the fellowship by the JSPS.  Has anyone else received similar language regarding nomination?  Or, has anyone else received the SSRC/JSPS award before?  

I received an email today saying that the mail notification is bounced back to them and asked for a new mailing address. I guess that's my rejection letter, otherwise if that's a transcript request it should be through emails right?

Hi Huetay, I am not sure what that means. I have not heard anything from the SSRC. Some of my colleagues have received transcript requests. Some, like me, have not. Others have received rejection letters in the mail. Has anyone else heard anything?

Hi Les Elephants,

i think if it's via mail it's a rejection letter. Otherwise they will email to request the transcript, I gather. Did your colleagues get the transcript request from an email or was it from a mail, if you don't mind me asking?

i think they are still considering and only send out rejections and requests for those they absolutely don't want or want for now. Good luck!

On February 14, 2016 at 8:25 PM, Les Elephants said:

I think there are two rounds. I have not heard anything from the SSRC yet. I have some colleagues who have received transcript requests. I wonder why some students get requested to send their transcripts, while others do not. Marathon, you are lucky you have a friend who can update you on the status of your application!

12 hours ago, huetay said:

Hi Les Elephants,

i think if it's via mail it's a rejection letter. Otherwise they will email to request the transcript, I gather. Did your colleagues get the transcript request from an email or was it from a mail, if you don't mind me asking?

i think they are still considering and only send out rejections and requests for those they absolutely don't want or want for now. Good luck!

As far as I know, all of my colleagues who have been requested to send their transcripts to the SSRC have done so by e-mail. I have not received a request for transcripts. Neither have I received a rejection letter. I do not feel too optimistic as it is already the end of February. Also, do we know if everyone who gets through to the second round is requested to send their transcripts through to the SSRC? Best wishes to you too. This waiting game is odd. 

Edited by Les Elephants

• 1 month later...