SMU

columbia09

Did anyone apply and hear back from SMU this cycle ? If you applied last year when did you hear back? My advisor contacted me in mid January saying it'll take a couple a weeks to get everything sorted out. I'm kinda nervous because it's been about a month now. 

You could search the results board for past details. I did, and found this: No results for SMU Geo were earlier than 24 Feb (1 accept), 2 in March (1 A, 1 R), and 1 R in May. But I was quick, and might've missed some. I didn't apply so can't say anything more, sorry. A couple weeks sounds like *at least* 2-4 in my mind, though; the beginning of semester is always slammed for profs.

where did you apply this time around, and for what (ms/phd, field)?

28 minutes ago, gelologist said:

You could search the results board for past details. I did, and found this: No results for SMU Geo were earlier than 24 Feb (1 accept), 2 in March (1 A, 1 R), and 1 R in May. But I was quick, and might've missed some. I didn't apply so can't say anything more, sorry. A couple weeks sounds like *at least* 2-4 in my mind, though; the beginning of semester is always slammed for profs.

where did you apply this time around, and for what (ms/phd, field)?

SMU (masters), UT Austin (PhD), Rice (PhD), university of Houston (PhD), Iowa State (PhD) also got an interview and visit invite, Oklahoma state (masters) and Texas tech (Masters). All for geology 

• 2 weeks later...

Also yea most of the acceptances seem to be in late February and March. University of Houston doesn't send anything out until March and Texas Tech was supposed to get back to me in mid February and we're in late now. Anyone have anymore info on any of these schools ? I have one visit lined up already so I'd like to have a better picture on what schools I'm going to visit. Oklahoma is suppose to get back to me in the next couple of days also