Anyone applying to University of Amsterdam (F16)?

what the title says... what program are you applying to? I'm also curious to know how you'll deal with decisions, given that most application deadlines are quite late and acceptances will probably come after April 15th?

• 4 weeks later...

I applied for the History of Holocaust and Genocide Studies MA. I was accepted but was waitlisted for funding. UvA is a bit different than traditional schools in the sense that they don't have a formal acceptance date but just assume you are accepting their offer/admission unless you tell them otherwise.

@smmurdock Congrats! I'd be interested to know whether or not you decide to accept the offer!

Can you say what Embark looked like after your status changed from documents 'received' to the next step?  Mine has been stuck on documents received for a while now, I am so curious to know what comes next!

Btw, I am applying to the GSSS and they do seem to have fixed application and notification deadlines?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 31.12.2016 at 0:36 AM, eternalwait said:

Anyone else applying to the University of Amsterdam - Fall 2017?

Yup, if I don't get into any of my Canadian schools I've applied to, I'll apply for Amsterdam. 

Hey!

I've applied to University of Amsterdam Sociology MA/PHD program for Fall 2017. I submitted my application on December 27, 2016 and have talked to the secretary of the Graduate Department of Social Sciences. She informed me I may not hear back until May... I am a little concerned as I am a U.S. citizen and have applied to U.S. universities, where the universal date of accepting/rejecting your offers in the states is normally April 15th. Does anyone know if they possibly submit acceptances or rejections earlier than May? Also, does anyone know the acceptance rates for the Sociology program? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Good luck to all applicants as well!

56 minutes ago, kristie_m said:

I've applied to University of Amsterdam Sociology MA/PHD program for Fall 2017. I submitted my application on December 27, 2016 and have talked to the secretary of the Graduate Department of Social Sciences. She informed me I may not hear back until May... I am a little concerned as I am a U.S. citizen and have applied to U.S. universities, where the universal date of accepting/rejecting your offers in the states is normally April 15th. Does anyone know if they possibly submit acceptances or rejections earlier than May? Also, does anyone know the acceptance rates for the Sociology program? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Good luck to all applicants as well!

@Liiahhhh In my case, I applied to a Master's at UvA in December and received  the acceptance in January, and I'm currently waiting the results of the AES and AMS scholarships.

It's quite strange they will give you a decision so late. Will you be applying for any of those scholarships (if you're doing the Master's) ? According to some at the TGC search section, these results will be available in March-April.

Edited by eternalwait

1 hour ago, eternalwait said:

@Liiahhhh In my case, I applied to a Master's at UvA in December and received  the acceptance in January, and I'm currently waiting the results of the AES and AMS scholarships.

It's quite strange they will give you a decision so late. Will you be applying for any of those scholarships (if you're doing the Master's) ? According to some at the TGC search section, these results will be available in March-April.

Hey @Liiahhhh thanks for getting back to me. What Masters program did you apply for? 

Also, I received my confirmation for submitting my application but every time I click on the link to track my status the page will not load. Were you notified via email? 

Kristie 

2 hours ago, kristie_m said:

I just checked my info and it says next to 'status': "Admission Decision" I am confused what this entails. Can anyone help with this?

I was notified via email, and I never checked my status, I think, since I was notified sooner than expected, so I can't help you with this, I'm sorry :S.

Thanks, @Liiahhhh :). Good luck with your applications :)

Edited by eternalwait

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They responded to a request from me:

Dear K,

Thank you for your message.
The fact that the status changed to Admission Decision does not mean a decision has been made, but this will be the next step.
When there is more information you will be contacted as soon as possible via e-mail. 

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!

Feedback or thanks? Like  Could be better

Kind regards,

Education Desk Social Sciences
T: 020 525 3777 Monday till Friday from 9 am to 5 pm
Digital Student Service Desk

Graduate School of Social Sciences (GSSS) student desk