SIPA 2016

Guest SIPA_MPA18

Can this be the official SIPA thread for people admitted and accepting this year? I'm 99.99% certain I'll be there in the Fall (MPA).

Also, is anyone going to Admitted Students Day on April 5? I'll be there for sure. 

Edited by SIPA_MPA18

3 hours ago, mpp2016 said:

Can this be the official SIPA thread for people admitted and accepting this year? I'm 99.99% certain I'll be there in the Fall (MPA).

Also, is anyone going to Admitted Students Day on April 5? I'll be there for sure. 

We should definitely use this as the offical SIPA thread. I am hoping to hear good news in a few weeks. If I am accepted, I will definitely make the trip to admitted students day.

6 hours ago, loveglove said:

I applied Early Action so I'm already in. Good luck guys!

Congratulations!  How did they notify you?  By email/ phone call?  

Yes! I'm also waiting for the results from the January 5th deadline. It seems like we still have at least around a month until we hear back. Looks like the lot of people last year got their results on March 9th.

36 minutes ago, Solio said:

Congratulations!  How did they notify you?  By email/ phone call?  

I got an email saying there was an update in my application. I logged into my application, and there was a link to the update there. Once I clicked the link, I saw my acceptance letter. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it'll be this or next week when we start hearing back!

"Our goal is to start sending decisions in the first or second week of March.  We will inform you of when your decision is ready to view by sending you an email telling you to log in to the application site to view your decision letter.  I will also post an entry to this blog when the first round of decisions have been sent."

29 minutes ago, kbui said:

Looks like it'll be this or next week when we start hearing back!

"Our goal is to start sending decisions in the first or second week of March.  We will inform you of when your decision is ready to view by sending you an email telling you to log in to the application site to view your decision letter.  I will also post an entry to this blog when the first round of decisions have been sent."

You shouldn't expect to hear from them this week, but I'm quite certain that the decisions will be out around the end of the next week. Last week there was a Q&A session for early admitted students with the heads of admissions and financial aid and they said that we should expect to receive fin aid decisions around March 11th. And since they told us earlier that they will release these decisions together with admission letters I think it's fair to say that there is still at least one more week to wait for all of us.

12 hours ago, marco_p said:

You shouldn't expect to hear from them this week, but I'm quite certain that the decisions will be out around the end of the next week. Last week there was a Q&A session for early admitted students with the heads of admissions and financial aid and they said that we should expect to receive fin aid decisions around March 11th. And since they told us earlier that they will release these decisions together with admission letters I think it's fair to say that there is still at least one more week to wait for all of us.

Very helpful information! I am hoping we only have one week left of waiting! Good luck everyone!

Is anyone else having a hard time accessing financial aid information? My application update says I have an unread letter regarding my scholarship decision but I can't seem to click on anything.

8 minutes ago, wmkx said:

Is anyone else having a hard time accessing financial aid information? My application update says I have an unread letter regarding my scholarship decision but I can't seem to click on anything.

If you scroll to the bottom, you'll see two hyperlinks with the date. Click the one that is not "displayed"

3 minutes ago, isabellewright said:

If you scroll to the bottom, you'll see two hyperlinks with the date. Click the one that is not "displayed"

could you be more precise, bottom of what? I can't see any hyperlinks...

I applied early action and there has been no update since my acceptance. Can't find any hyperlinks or "unread" statuses in my December acceptance letter. I hope they didn't forget me :(

Edited by loveglove