Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Dank

2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

3,012 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Cervello said:

I just got the official email for neuro, too.

When was your interview visit in NYU Sackler? I am so anxious now:wacko: .

On 2/19/2017 at 6:57 PM, ImmunoB said:

I'm an international applicant too, and I heard back from MD Anderson before Christmas. I am interviewing with them next week. I am not sure if they are done sending interview offers! Why don't you send an e-mail to them? 

Hey. How are you? How was your interview? I still got no news from them. I'm dying here :wacko:

Does anybody else get accepted or hear anything from MD Anderson??

1 hour ago, Cancer said:

Does anybody else get accepted or hear anything from MD Anderson??

If I remember correctly, MD Anderson takes a while to get back to you. 

waitlisted for roswell park. didn't get an interview. If you don't want to attend, please decline.

2 hours ago, STEMC said:

When was your interview visit in NYU Sackler? I am so anxious now:wacko: .

Jan 26-27, the first session. Best of luck to you!

4 hours ago, britt2017 said:

I saw a rejection posted on the survey, but we've all heard nothing haha. I contacted the program coordinator like a month ago, no response...

Strange.  Normally I would say it's a bad sign, but so many people haven't heard from Case.  It's pretty strange.  Perhaps they got an influx of people apply extremely early, and already have filled their class?  

58 minutes ago, cancergirl said:

waitlisted for roswell park. didn't get an interview. If you don't want to attend, please decline.

Which program did you apply to?

11 minutes ago, justv said:

Which program did you apply to?

cell and molecular biology

3 hours ago, cancergirl said:

cell and molecular biology

Oh I applied to immunology and will likely decline their offer. I wish you best of luck as I am on a waitlist for another school!

On 2/22/2017 at 0:45 PM, mbarr1993 said:

What date were you interviewed?

January 26th -28th.

1 hour ago, justv said:

Oh I applied to immunology and will likely decline their offer. I wish you best of luck as I am on a waitlist for another school!

thank you! best of luck also!

6 hours ago, BigThomason51 said:

Strange.  Normally I would say it's a bad sign, but so many people haven't heard from Case.  It's pretty strange.  Perhaps they got an influx of people apply extremely early, and already have filled their class?  

At this point I just want to know, haha. I only haven't heard from two programs.

Someone posted an acceptance to the program I interviewed at on Feb 10th and now my anxiety has skyrocketed

On 2/23/2017 at 4:24 PM, abcd1 said:

Anyone heard from nyu biology?

Yeah, me and someone else I talked to both heard from our PIs this morning

16 minutes ago, alexzebra said:

Yeah, me and someone else I talked to both heard from our PIs this morning

Congrats. Just curious when you interviewed? Hope they are just starting to send invites. 

On 2017. 2. 23. at 10:40 AM, Cancer said:

Hey. How are you? How was your interview? I still got no news from them. I'm dying here :wacko:

It was really nice! I heard that they are having their last on-site interview week after two weeks. But I have no idea when they are having Skype interviews. If they don't answer your email, calling them is another option :)

How much does ranking matter to you when selecting which graduate program to attend?

1 hour ago, Cryptochrometime said:

How much does ranking matter to you when selecting which graduate program to attend?

It mattered very little to me when I applied. I chose programs based on the structure of the program, research support, and faculty I was interested in working with. You need to ultimately go to a school where you feel you fit and can get a good education that will prepare you for the next step, be it a job in industry or remaining in academia. Some will argue that higher ranked schools tend to have better research funding and faculty, which to a degree is true, but they might not have the type of program you need, and the faculty there might not be working on things you're interested in.

4 hours ago, Cryptochrometime said:

2 hours ago, biotechie said:

It mattered very little to me when I applied. I chose programs based on the structure of the program, research support, and faculty I was interested in working with. You need to ultimately go to a school where you feel you fit and can get a good education that will prepare you for the next step, be it a job in industry or remaining in academia. Some will argue that higher ranked schools tend to have better research funding and faculty, which to a degree is true, but they might not have the type of program you need, and the faculty there might not be working on things you're interested in.

Linking to my previous post on this matter (and the forum search function is great since this gets asked every year)

Just found out USC PIBBS has sent a rejection two days ago; it ended up in my spam box.

Not bothered by it as I have much better choice now:) I am but a bit surprised as I deemed it as a safe option.

Curious if any international students residing outside US have received interview invitation from them? Maybe that piece of information would be helpful for later international applicants.