2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

19 hours ago, biowligist said:

Hey charmquarkz! I applied to the IQ Bio program with MCDB as my primary dept. of interest. I think they started reviewing after the new year. Do you know MCDB's interview dates by any chance? I know I can't make IQ bio's (feb 16-18) so I'll probably go to an MCDB weekend.. if I get one

Hey! So the MCDB interview weekend is happening right now, but I think there's one more round next week comprising mostly PIBS students interested in MCDB.  I can't speak for the IQ Bio program though. 

1 hour ago, meioticmadness said:

Hey! So the MCDB interview weekend is happening right now, but I think there's one more round next week comprising mostly PIBS students interested in MCDB.  I can't speak for the IQ Bio program though. 

Hi! Did you receive an email from MCDB? I saw that someone posted that they were invited and that the interview dates in the results section saying that they have two weekends in February. Does that mean they have 4?!

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:30 AM, cuteDr22 said:

Thank you!  Just checked. Mine too.  

hey. Someone had posted in the results that they received an email for interview today. I know the committee met this week. I checked my app and it said "on hold." I'm thinking waitlisted for an interview...maybe. Crossing fingers.

3 hours ago, charmquarkz said:

Hi! Did you receive an email from MCDB? I saw that someone posted that they were invited and that the interview dates in the results section saying that they have two weekends in February. Does that mean they have 4?!

Oh my gosh, my mistake. Sorry if I scared anyone.  I didn't read it close enough and didn't realize you were talking about CU. UMichigan has the same department name (MCDB) which is happening now and my brain just went to that one.  Good luck with CU!

5 minutes ago, meioticmadness said:

Oh my gosh, my mistake. Sorry if I scared anyone.  I didn't read it close enough and didn't realize you were talking about CU. UMichigan has the same department name (MCDB) which is happening now and my brain just went to that one.  Good luck with CU!

PHEWW!!! Hahaha, no worries at all!

5 minutes ago, meioticmadness said:

Phew, thanks meioticmadness, yeah IQ bio is 16-18 and there should be a CU MCDB interview later than that.

On 1/19/2017 at 2:44 PM, GradSchool13579 said:

Has anyone heard back from Johns Hopkins CMM yet? When I called last Friday they said they were still making decisions and have not once picked up the phone this week nor have they responded to my emails. 

I'm at CMM interview now. As far as I'm aware, 28 people interviewed this weekend and they have more interviewees arranged for February already. I know that's the only other recruiting weekend, but I'm not sure if they are still considering adding more people to that cohort. The administration is super nice and if they haven't responded recently, it was probably because they were busy arranging for this interview weekend. Good luck!

1 hour ago, cmykrgb said:

if you made the priority deadline for vanderbilt igp but has not got an invite at this point is that a rejection?

Honestly, that's what I'm assuming. I didn't apply to Vanderbilt, but I applied to Columbia Biology before the "priority deadline" and still haven't heard anything :( I know they have interviews in early March, but I'm not holding out hope, to be honest...

5 hours ago, Mdamb231 said:

Has anyone else heard from Pitt IBGP, I have only seen one acceptance in the results, or any word on when more interview invites will go out?

I had a talk with their program coordinator. She said they are still reviewing some of the applications. And they conduct interviews through the first week of March. So they there's still some hope! 

Hey y'all! I've heard back from most of my schools so I haven't been around a lot, but I wanted to stop in and leave a note for people feeling nervous about needing to reschedule an interview. I emailed the lady at Wisconsin very apologetically because I needed to change my interview day, and she told me it was BETTER to have me visit that weekend because they had overbooked the first one. I was anxious that it might be a huge hassle to make the change, but it ended up fine. So don't worry! :) 

On 1/18/2017 at 5:10 PM, Katyya said:

Rejected from Yale. Oh well. Chilling in NYC hotel room right now Mount Sinai tomorrow morning. Good luck to other applicants! 

I interviewed last weekend. Supposedly 120 interviewees for 40 spots. We'll hear back as soon as Jan 30th. 

Edited by book2readme

Wisconsin Madison interview down, emory and washu to go. All cancer bio except WashU.

Any hope at this point of hearing from Penn, Northwestern, or Chicago? Should I make one last ditch effort e-mail to the ad-coms if not?

38 minutes ago, Pepperoni said:

Wisconsin Madison interview down, emory and washu to go. All cancer bio except WashU.

Any hope at this point of hearing from Penn, Northwestern, or Chicago? Should I make one last ditch effort e-mail to the ad-coms if not?

Are you interviewing for Biochem at WashU? Wondering if you got your Faculty list yet.