On February 26, 2016 at 8:32 PM, southernspeechie said:

To the post above, that interview sounds weird. Haven't heard of any like that before. @SouthernDrawl : Looks like we will be hearing from UT Knoxville tomorrow since we didn't today.

@southernspeechie, I didn't hear anything from UT today. I'm guessing that's maybe not a good sign. Did any other applicants hear back?

11 minutes ago, SouthernDrawl said:

@southernspeechie, I didn't hear anything from UT today. I'm guessing that's maybe not a good sign. Did any other applicants hear back?

I didn't hear anything either. Since there was no mention of UT knox on the results board I am assuming no one heard from them but I could be wrong. It makes me more anxious knowing the decisions are just sitting there waiting to be sent out. I hope we hear something on Monday. 

12 minutes ago, Lunalulu2 said:

I didn't hear anything either. Since there was no mention of UT knox on the results board I am assuming no one heard from them but I could be wrong. It makes me more anxious knowing the decisions are just sitting there waiting to be sent out. I hope we hear something on Monday. 

I didn't hear anything either! :/ 

On 2/27/2016 at 8:37 AM, southernspeechie said:

Me neither!

I am crossing my fingers that Tennessee will get back to us today! I have been combing through the results board. I don't have a signature, but my stats are:

GPA: 3.96 GRE 309 AW 5

I am hoping that will be enough to get into at least one program. I have gotten nervous reading about how competitive this application season has been. I have a Master's in a sort-of-related field from UT, so I am hoping my LOR's and being a GTA there in the past will help out. I have also been practicing for hours for my Samford interview!

On February 22, 2016 at 2:55 PM, slpgradapplicantfall2016 said:

I am interviewing at Samford University (Alabama)  next Monday the 29th of February. I received an email from Jacksonville University saying they will send out notifications mid march for first round acceptances. Haven't heard from any other schools. 

How was the Samford Interview?! Were you there for the full four hours?

I got accepted to UT. My parents live in Tennessee, but I have worked and been in school for the past 4 years in Alabama so I'm not sure what residency I can claim. Drivers liscense is Alabama because before my parents moved to Tennessee a year ago, we were Alabama residents

18 minutes ago, southernspeechie said:

I got accepted to UT. My parents live in Tennessee, but I have worked and been in school for the past 4 years in Alabama so I'm not sure what residency I can claim. Drivers liscense is Alabama because before my parents moved to Tennessee a year ago, we were Alabama residents

As a disclaimer, I don't know what the case is for every state! But from what I understand, if your parents are claiming you as a dependent then you're considered a resident of the state they're a resident of. So if they qualify as Tennessee residents and they're claiming you as a dependent, I think you would be considered a resident. Again though, I'd see what the qualifications are for Tennessee, specifically. 

I reached out to USF today and one of the people at the office looked up my application and said that it was currently under review and that I should have an answer by this upcoming Friday (3/4). She said that there are six people on the grad school committee and that applications are released to them in waves and that's why acceptances/wait list notifications are so sporadic. Nerve wracking to know that I'll know by Friday! 

Also heard through the grapevine that FSU will be releasing decisions on Friday, too. I thought they'd be waiting until the 15th, but I guess we shall see...

1 hour ago, sfreder said:

I reached out to USF today and one of the people at the office looked up my application and said that it was currently under review and that I should have an answer by this upcoming Friday (3/4). She said that there are six people on the grad school committee and that applications are released to them in waves and that's why acceptances/wait list notifications are so sporadic. Nerve wracking to know that I'll know by Friday! 

Also heard through the grapevine that FSU will be releasing decisions on Friday, too. I thought they'd be waiting until the 15th, but I guess we shall see...

FSU usually starts sending notifications the first Friday of March so that sounds right! 

Did anyone else that applied to UNC Greensboro get an email today about financial aid information? I followed all of the steps, but it I'm not sure what to do next.

On February 29, 2016 at 4:57 PM, Lunalulu2 said:

Did anyone else apply to East Tennessee state? I just saw someone posted an acceptance on the results board 

I applied to ETSU. I received an email from Dr. Proctor-Williams on Monday with my offer letter attached.

8 hours ago, MAWO said:

I applied to ETSU. I received an email from Dr. Proctor-Williams on Monday with my offer letter attached.

Congrats! I am wondering if they are accepting people in waves since there were only 3 acceptances posted on the results board and many of us haven't heard anything.