15 hours ago, Lunalulu2 said:

Congrats! I am wondering if they are accepting people in waves since there were only 3 acceptances posted on the results board and many of us haven't heard anything. 

Thanks! That's entirely possible. It does seem a bit odd that so few people have reported acceptances.

On 2/26/2016 at 7:36 AM, rockchalk4253 said:

Does anyone know when LSU or the Mississippi schools send out decisions? I'm assuming mid to late March? 

I think most of these schools send out results during spring break (March 13-19) or after.

On 3/2/2016 at 7:57 PM, shesanecho said:

Anyone get apply for Southern A&M and did you get a notification? I know there due date is late.

I sent my app pretty early. 

I applied there too. The deadline is sometime in April but I submitted my app at the beginning of February. I looked in the results section and saw that the earliest date that someone posted results from Southern A&M was May 21.

Just wanted to share...

I applied for Univ. of Arkansas, Univ. of Arkansas Medical Sciences, and Missouri State Univ.  I just got accepted to UAMS last week, no interview, and I haven't heard back from the others yet.

Any more news about applications to those good ole southern schools?

1 hour ago, CSD1913 said:

I applied there too. The deadline is sometime in April but I submitted my app at the beginning of February. I looked in the results section and saw that the earliest date that someone posted results from Southern A&M was May 21.

Holy crap!!! Thats really late! Thanks for the update.

I also applied to UNT, TWU, St. Johns, and OLLU. Ive been seeing people getting results already. This process is so nerve racking. :/

Greetings,

Your application has been reviewed by the committee, and you are one of the top ranking candidates. Due to the highly competitive nature of this year’s applicant pool, the admissions committee would like you to complete a short video answering the following questions:

1. Why are you interested in Jacksonville University?

2. What are the top two characteristics that you have that distinguish you from other applicants?

Guys I'm freaking out. Did anyone else receive this email from Jacksonville University? This seems like a cool/unique way to go about making admissions decisions, but I have no idea how I should go about making this video. Like do I write myself a script and make it a super high-quality video, or just be laid back and do it through photobooth on my computer lol. Any advice would be appreciated! 

1 hour ago, Gingiestrong said:

Greetings,

Your application has been reviewed by the committee, and you are one of the top ranking candidates. Due to the highly competitive nature of this year’s applicant pool, the admissions committee would like you to complete a short video answering the following questions:

2. What are the top two characteristics that you have that distinguish you from other applicants?

Guys I'm freaking out. Did anyone else receive this email from Jacksonville University? This seems like a cool/unique way to go about making admissions decisions, but I have no idea how I should go about making this video. Like do I write myself a script and make it a super high-quality video, or just be laid back and do it through photobooth on my computer lol. Any advice would be appreciated! 

@Gingiestrong, I also received that email! I am super excited :) . And I have no idea what I am going to do too! 

13 minutes ago, jdb10c said:

@Gingiestrong, I also received that email! I am super excited :) . And I have no idea what I am going to do too! 

I'm also super excited/nervous! This is my top choice school, so I really want to make an awesome video. The fact that these videos will determine their final decisions is kind of terrifying, but at least we have a week to work on it and make it perfect haha. 

1 hour ago, Gingiestrong said:

Greetings,

So I definitely freaked out before I realized this email went to my clutter for some reason! I'm glad I'm considered a top ranking candidate but I also have no idea whatsoever on how to do this. Videos/technology are not my strongest suit unfortunately. Does anyone know of good and free video software haha?

2 hours ago, Gingiestrong said:

I'm also super excited/nervous! This is my top choice school, so I really want to make an awesome video. The fact that these videos will determine their final decisions is kind of terrifying, but at least we have a week to work on it and make it perfect haha. 

@Gingiestrong I am so nervous to make this video! And it also makes me a little nervous to think how many people they sent this email to. I'm sure they've narrowed down their list a lot, but who knows! They could have sent like 80 people this email :huh:. I think we just need to be very open to them! It is so hard to say everything you want to say in less than 2 minutes! I wonder how many people they are going to accept this year! I hope we both get in!! Hopefully we will get an answer very soon!

2 hours ago, PinkSpeech said:

So I definitely freaked out before I realized this email went to my clutter for some reason! I'm glad I'm considered a top ranking candidate but I also have no idea whatsoever on how to do this. Videos/technology are not my strongest suit unfortunately. Does anyone know of good and free video software haha?

@PinkSpeech, I feel the exact same way! My dad is really into videography, so I am going to ask for his help, lol! Do you have a mac laptop? I would honestly use your laptop and the Imovie feature to edit your video! Good luck to you! I hope we get in!!

21 hours ago, jdb10c said:

@PinkSpeech, I feel the exact same way! My dad is really into videography, so I am going to ask for his help, lol! Do you have a mac laptop? I would honestly use your laptop and the Imovie feature to edit your video! Good luck to you! I hope we get in!!

Thank you! Good luck and same to you! I don't have a mac but my boyfriend is going to let me use his, so I've got that figured out. I wrote down everything I want to say and decided the best way was to just sit in front of a camera and say it. I saw some really creative video essays on Youtube but I wouldn't know how to do it with what I want to say. Hope it's enough!

16 hours ago, PinkSpeech said:

Thank you! Good luck and same to you! I don't have a mac but my boyfriend is going to let me use his, so I've got that figured out. I wrote down everything I want to say and decided the best way was to just sit in front of a camera and say it. I saw some really creative video essays on Youtube but I wouldn't know how to do it with what I want to say. Hope it's enough!

@PinkSpeech I am so glad you can use your boyfriend's laptop! I still haven't figured out what to say yet :o. I think I am going to sit down on Friday, write everything out, and turn it in that night! I wish the video could be longer! I want to give them a good answer, but 2 minutes or less is not a lot of time! 

I just submitted my video this morning! Now to just anxiously await a decision lol. I'm hoping we'll hear back within a week of the deadline! 

Edited by Gingiestrong

8 hours ago, jdb10c said:

@PinkSpeech I am so glad you can use your boyfriend's laptop! I still haven't figured out what to say yet :o. I think I am going to sit down on Friday, write everything out, and turn it in that night! I wish the video could be longer! I want to give them a good answer, but 2 minutes or less is not a lot of time! 

I know! It was really hard cramming it into two minutes. I did a practice run and wasn't done with 1/4 of it before the time ran out haha. It was good because I think I was able to focus on what was important, but I'm not sure what they are looking for - especially since I had already answered their questions in my personal statement. Good luck to you, I'm sure yours will turn out great!

4 hours ago, Gingiestrong said:

I just submitted my video this morning! Now to just anxiously await a decision lol. I'm hoping we'll hear back within a week of the deadline! 

I've had mine done since this morning and have been too scared to submit it haha. It's like I think I'll come up with a way to make it better as soon as I send them the link. I hope we all hear good news soon!

On 3/7/2016 at 4:24 PM, southernspeechie said:

We are supposed to find out whether or not we have been accepted to Samford University today or tomorrow I believe.

Did anyone get word from Samford? I saw some responses on the results board, but thought I would ask on the forum. I haven't gotten word yet!