GW Elliott Fall 2016

hina234

Another non-funding email from GW. I'm really disappointed with this school. They know our decisions depend on funding, and yet have taken a very luxurious amount of time on saying anything regarding funding. At this rate I don't think I will be attending even if they gave me a fully funded offer. I went to an undergrad that was slow with everything and I don't wish to repeat the experience.

I was admitted last Friday for European and Eurasian Studies.  No word on funding for me either.  Does GW typically give funding?  I haven't heard of anyone that has received any.

3 minutes ago, Kathleen517 said:

I was admitted last Friday for European and Eurasian Studies.  No word on funding for me either.  Does GW typically give funding?  I haven't heard of anyone that has received any.

They do give some funding. It's not a massive amount usually, but last year I was awarded $10K a year. The most I heard of anyone receiving last year was $20K a year (which would still be amazing). Can't believe we haven't heard yet though...

Thanks for the info! One person who posted in the results section a few years ago said that he/she received an email a week later about funding, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will hear today or Monday.

2 minutes ago, Kathleen517 said:

Thanks for the info! One person who posted in the results section a few years ago said that he/she received an email a week later about funding, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will hear today or Monday.

Удачи!)

It would be great if we didn't have to wait over another weekend to hear about funding...

Also, did anyone else apply for the Wolcott Fellowship this year? Any idea when we should expect the results?

10 minutes ago, keeperofkiwis said:

It would be great if we didn't have to wait over another weekend to hear about funding...

Also, did anyone else apply for the Wolcott Fellowship this year? Any idea when we should expect the results?

I applied! I think we hear back early April but I'm not 100% sure

Yah I applied for Wolcott too. Also, I called them yesterday at 4pm and they said funding decisions will be released within 1-2 days. I asked them if it would be by the end of business day today but she said she wasn't sure. So we might have to wait till Saturday or even Monday since she might have meant business days.

Edited by manutdftw

39 minutes ago, manutdftw said:

Yah I applied for Wolcott too. Also, I called them yesterday at 4pm and they said funding decisions will be released within 1-2 days. I asked them if it would be by the end of business day today but she said she wasn't sure. So we might have to wait till Saturday or even Monday since she might have meant business days.

@coffeeandtravel Let's all hope for sometime tonight!!

Maybe we'll get the emails later tonight? My acceptance decision came in about 9pm eastern time. I was surprised that they send out emails after business hours so maybe it'll happen the same way for the financial aid email. Here's hoping anyway. 

3 minutes ago, MKrys said:

Maybe we'll get the emails later tonight? My acceptance decision came in about 9pm eastern time. I was surprised that they send out emails after business hours so maybe it'll happen the same way for the financial aid email. Here's hoping anyway. 

Fingers crossed for sure! Every time I see a new post on this thread I get nervous that other people found out about funding and I didn't.... Eek!!

10 minutes ago, coffeeandtravel said:

So, are we assuming that funding information is not coming till next week now?

Seems like it. I'm so annoyed. 

2 minutes ago, coffeeandtravel said:

Yeah it would be nice to have some sort of timeline on this. I'm going to be traveling soon and was hoping to have all of my options on the table beforehand. 

Yeah seriously. I need to make my decision soon or I will lose out on other options. It frustrates me that we've done our part getting everything in by the deadline and they can't get this information to us in a timely manner.