UIC 2016

jmh2116

I saw that some people already already were accepted to the MSW program so naturally I started freaking out because this is my top choice. I finished my application in October, but my last LOR wasn't sent in until January 15th, so does that mean that I will be one of the last ones they review/send their decision to? 

Also my application has said "referred to program" for more than three months. Is there another status update that should be between "referred to program" and when they release their decision? 

They also keep sending emails to my secondary email address, which I find bizarre. Is anyone else frustrated with this school already? haha

I was accepted to the Program on January 21st. My last LOR was sent in on 01/08, my application submitted a few days before. If I was you I would try to contact the office to get your application status. I think you are supposed to get a response 8 weeks after it is referred to the program. 

When I got my acceptance my status was and is still "Referred to the Program." They send the acceptance in the mail, so the online status does not seen to ever update. 

I am frustrated with the lack of financial aid so far. They said probably mid-March...

@Tiners hm that is interesting because my application was "referred to program" before all of my LORs were sent in. There was probably at least 8 weeks between the two. I sent an email to the admissions department. Hopefully I'll hear soon!

I applied in the middle of January and haven't heard anything yet. I received an acceptance from DePaul that I'm to reply to by March 14th. UIC is my top pick for the MSW/MPH program so I'm anxiously waiting for that email.

My application has been "referred to the program" since I applied.

I hope you hear back soon.

The only other thing I can think of is make sure all the elements of the application are marked 'verified correct.' Maybe something was not uploaded correctly...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2016 at 4:54 PM, Tiners said:

All 3 of my LORs were verified. The only thing that was not was my application fee.

Same here. Everything is verified for me but the app fee.

I recently received an acceptance to UIUC's online program which starts in the summer. Acceptance on my behalf is due March 29th, so I hope I get a decision by UIC within the week. UIUC's tuition is higher and it's a three yr program; UIC is my first choice.

Edited by UrbanMidwest

Jane Addams is decades behind modern technology for their website. I heard about my acceptance from snail mail, and even still my profile online says "referred to program". It literally took them 8-9 weeks after my application was complete to hear back.

Good luck, hope you hear some good news soon.

finally called last week because one of my LOR were not verified. It was done by the time we got off the phone. My second choice (DePaul with no funding) extended my deadline until 3/28 but I'm worried I still won't hear from UIC by then. 

Is snail mail really how they send out acceptance letters? I've been refreshing the application status daily but looks like I need to be waiting for the mail lady. 

Edited by Lblatz

On 3/16/2016 at 10:01 PM, UrbanMidwest said:

Same here. Everything is verified for me but the app fee.

I recently received an acceptance to UIUC's online program which starts in the summer. Acceptance on my behalf is due March 29th, so I hope I get a decision by UIC within the week. UIUC's tuition is higher and it's a three yr program; UIC is my first choice.

So I did the math for tuition for UIUC MSW Outreach Program, and after 8 semesters - the duration of the program - ($559 per hr) 72 hours total, is $40, 248. I threw up in my mouth a little. I believe that's more expensive than the full-time students.

UIC full-time tuition (2 years) is $32, 560. UIC still hasn't notified of my status.

I'm not even sure if going into debt to become a social worker is even worth it ...

Edited by UrbanMidwest

On 3/17/2016 at 4:31 PM, Lblatz said:

Is snail mail really how they send out acceptance letters? I've been refreshing the application status daily but looks like I need to be waiting for the mail lady. 

Yes! I got my letter via postal service in January, two weeks after I submitted. My online status did not change to admitted until Mid-March, about 11 weeks after I submitted.

2 hours ago, Tiners said:

Yes! I got my letter via postal service in January, two weeks after I submitted. My online status did not change to admitted until Mid-March, about 11 weeks after I submitted.

Boy, that's some expedited snail mail! It's about 10 weeks since i submitted all of my material and not a word from them besides the "thank you for your application please be patient with decisions and remember, don't call us if it's an absolute emergency!" So I'm going to send them an email.

I'm in the same boat... About 10 weeks. I have been creepy and searching #acceptanceletter and #accepted on Instagram and of course searching on here for people who have heard but I haven't seen anything from anyone. Makes me feel better that I'm not the only one waiting. But I do need to know soon. I thought about calling on Friday but I have already called twice because my submissions were not verified. 

@ Lblatz: There's a hashtag for acceptances? Huh. Cool. But yea, I hope you find out soon. One would think Jane Addams CSW has this system done since it's a sought after program within the state of Illinois, but it doesn't seem like it. I've read older threads saying UIC is horrible with notifications.

As stated I have up until March 29th to notify UIUC, so unless UIC responds with a yes or no till next Monday I'll be pushed to accept UIUC's offer, the more expensive program. On the good side the admission people at UIUC have been very responsive and clear. They actual kept to their time frame when dishing out notifications.

On 3/1/2016 at 2:28 AM, Tiners said:

I hope you hear back soon.

The only other thing I can think of is make sure all the elements of the application are marked 'verified correct.' Maybe something was not uploaded correctly...

I submitted my application for PhD study at UIC in Dec 2015. The application status is same "Referred to the program" and all application materials received , however all the elements of the application are not yet marked as "Verfied-correct" except Acad. credentials. Will this effect application review ?

I am wondering why it is not yet verified ..? It is more than 9 weeks

On March 29, 2016 at 1:24 PM, mz29 said:

I submitted my application for PhD study at UIC in Dec 2015. The application status is same "Referred to the program" and all application materials received , however all the elements of the application are not yet marked as "Verfied-correct" except Acad. credentials. Will this effect application review ?

I am wondering why it is not yet verified ..? It is more than 9 weeks

Mine was the same way so I called and the woman verified my submissions while I was on the phone with her. I asked her if that's why it had taken so long but she said it had no impact on when they looked at it. 

On March 23, 2016 at 10:20 PM, UrbanMidwest said:

@ Lblatz: There's a hashtag for acceptances? Huh. Cool. But yea, I hope you find out soon. One would think Jane Addams CSW has this system done since it's a sought after program within the state of Illinois, but it doesn't seem like it. I've read older threads saying UIC is horrible with notifications.

As stated I have up until March 29th to notify UIUC, so unless UIC responds with a yes or no till next Monday I'll be pushed to accept UIUC's offer, the more expensive program. On the good side the admission people at UIUC have been very responsive and clear. They actual kept to their time frame when dishing out notifications.

Hear anything yet? A friend that applied a few days before me got a phone call accepting her today. I'm really hoping this week. 

Just now, Lblatz said:

Hear anything yet? A friend that applied a few days before me got a phone call accepting her today. I'm really hoping this week. 

Nope, nothing on my status. I emailed the admissions office about a week ago and no response.

Based on what you wrote and what others have written, UIC's process of notification is downright strange and inconsistent. Phone calls a few days after applying, emails, one month late of said notification through snail mail ... Their modus operandi sucks.

19 hours ago, UrbanMidwest said:

Nope, nothing on my status. I emailed the admissions office about a week ago and no response.

Based on what you wrote and what others have written, UIC's process of notification is downright strange and inconsistent. Phone calls a few days after applying, emails, one month late of said notification through snail mail ... Their modus operandi sucks.

Just received my acceptance via email this morning.

1 hour ago, UrbanMidwest said:

Just received my acceptance via email this morning.

Email?! I'm so confused. Do you remember the date you applied? And congrats!!!

Edited by Lblatz

3 hours ago, Lblatz said:

Email?! I'm so confused. Do you remember the date you applied? And congrats!!!

The last of my application was finished the day it was due, so Jan. 15th. Just in time. Phew. 

And thank you! I hope you get a notification soon.

9 minutes ago, UrbanMidwest said:

The last of my application was finished the day it was due, so Jan. 15th. Just in time. Phew. 

And thank you! I hope you get a notification soon.

My last LOR was submitted Jan 12th. Like I said tho, my submissions were not verified for a while. I'm getting scared. I'll be pretty bummed if I get rejected